Turning Stone Concert on July 1

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

weirdstef
Addicted

Post by weirdstef »

Well where do I start this was the first Weird Al concert I got to go to since I started listening to him when he first came out and I started my son listening to him and when I found out he was coming to the Turning Stone I figured it would be a great birthday present for my son's 13th birthday. I was even more fun seeing him perform than I imaged. Afterwards we ended up meeting the girl that was dressed up from the video "Like a Surgeon" while we were talking a lady and her husband came up and gave my son and the girl each a backstage pass to go back and meet Weird Al but she asked me and the girl's mom to handout Weird Al postcards promoting his new album and tour dates. They got to go back and meet him. My son says he was extremely nice and cool he signed his CD, his concert ticket, my concert ticket for me and he got to have his picture taken with him. It's too bad Walmart ruined the picture of my son with Weird Al but we did end up with a picture of Weird Al and the girl dressed up like a surgeon. My son was so excited that he forgot to get her name and so did I. We are hoping that we will be able to find her somewhere through here and be able to give her and copy of the picture and put a name to her face. I was surprised at how may people where from out of state and out of our area. But it was cool meet other Weird Al fans.

Trixie[/quote]
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Hey trixie! Welcome to the forum, glad you had a good time!
BLG123
Occasional

Post by BLG123 »

I was there! That was a great show. That was my second Al show I've seen. I got A LOT of great pictures too, seeing how were were in the second row of tables. We didn't get a backstage pass, but we waited an hour and half out in the crowd for an autograph that we never got, but thats ok. It was a great show anyways. :P
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

That's a terrific story! Oh... and welcome to WOWAY!

Down with Walmart! :mad: Is your son OK even after that traumatic experience?
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
weirdstef
Addicted

Post by weirdstef »

Actually my son handled it better than I did he was the one to say at least we have that one picture of Weird Al and the girl but I will never take my pictures to Walmart again. I was mad for a week especially since I work at a college photography place where I know that the machine is not suppose to cut your first three pictures off automatically. But he says Walmart can't take his memories away though. We didn't take to many pictures because we had a flash camera and he was video taping the concert so we respected his request about the camera's with flash. But we can't wait for next time he comes.

Trixie
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Turning Stone Concert on July 1

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE We didn't take to many pictures because we had a flash camera and he was video taping the concert so we respected his request about the camera's with flash. But we can't wait for next time he comes.

You mean Al was videotaping the concert (or having someone do it for him-- he's good at multi-tasking, but not that good), not your son, right? Hmmm.... wonder what he's up to.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

You don't think........another Live video? That would be awesome. Or maybe he's doing another TV special?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Stef, how do you know he was videotaping the concert? Did he say so?

Also were there camera guys all over the place or was it like one camera in the back of the room on a tripod?
BLG123
Occasional

Post by BLG123 »

Hey Stef, where were you sitting for the show? We were in the Orchestra section.

I didn't even see any video cameras taping the show, but before the show started, people came out and told us not to take any flash photography as the show was being taped. Thats all the information they gave. I didn't see any cameraman myself and I don't think there were any on the stage, although people were wondering why it was being taped. Does Al normally tape some of his own shows?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I'm thinking if there weren't cameramen visible it was either Jon or Al shooting for the archives or something like that.