Kansas City, MO concert August 5th

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

:o Jesamy! Where in the world have you been? I wish I had known you were going to the show, even though you don't post at STUPID much anymore. :(

I did see you and your mom with the poodle hats, but I didn't realize it was you.

I didn't get to meet Al, but like you, Al held my hand. Al just kind of grabbed my hand and held it for a few seconds. I don't know if he smiled at me or not, I was staring at the fact that he was holding my hand.

-CindyBob
WeirdSolo
Occasional

Post by WeirdSolo »

Hi guys! First post here!

I was at the KC concert, I live in KC, and it was a blast.

stupidsurgeon27, I sat a few rwos behind you, I'm sure. You brought the lightsaber, right?

That was a blast. The rain was a pain, but It wasn't nearly as bad as the RWS cocert was in 2000. :thumbsup:

Did anyone stay after the concert and meet Ruben? My Dad and I stayed at the stage, hoping Al would come out. Ruben was standing there, and we convinced him to come over. :biggrin:

When Al walked came down durig One More Minute, I patted him on the back. Everyone else was, so I figured, 'What the heck?'
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

stupidsurgeon27, I sat a few rwos behind you, I'm sure. You brought the lightsaber, right?

Actually, that was my friend, Katie (ktmobile00) who had the lightsaber. I was sitting next to her in the big, white suit on the aisle. :)

-CindyBob
WeirdSolo
Occasional

Post by WeirdSolo »

Well, I saw you in the suit after the concert. I don't know if you saw me, I was just wering a black shirt with a green leaf hawian shirt over it.

A friend of mine who wasn't very far from the person Al gave the boxers to, said that he saw someone offer her $1,000 dollars for them, right there. She said no.

Did anyone notice that Steve wasn't really at his best? His guitar seemed to keep screwing up, and he didn't seem to feel very well. :dontgetit:
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

I don't think I saw you. Sorry. :(

I thought Steve was fine. Afterall, Katie and I kept waving to him and he would wave back. He was being really funny.

-CindyBob
Airline Jesamy

Post by Airline Jesamy »

I was up there at stage after the concert wanting to meet Ruben, I was really close but he left before he got to me. WeirdSolo you werent the person who handed him just a white piece of paper to sign were you?? And then he said, Oh yeah this shows how well I did tonight.

I think I might have offered boxer girl like 1000 dollars for them too, I'm not sure how high I was offering, I do know i would have given her 200 bucks, Authorized Al book and my poodle hat for them.

Ah oh well....I must get boxers.

-Airline Jesamy
WeirdSolo
Occasional

Post by WeirdSolo »

No, I handed him my grey PH Tour shirt. The person with me gave him her orange Weird Al expreince shirt...

He did say that his signature made my shirt really valuable, seeing as how he isn't even on it! :P
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I wouldn't want Boxers that didn't come directly from Al. Just not the same thing at all.

The difficult thing to decide would be do I want boxers, or a scarf. Since the scarves occasionally come with a great big lap full of Yankovic.

:inlove: :biggrin:
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

I wouldn't want Boxers that didn't come directly from Al. Just not the same thing at all.

Exactly.

~Allison
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

The difficult thing to decide would be do I want boxers, or a scarf. Since the scarves occasionally come with a great big lap full of Yankovic.

:inlove: :biggrin:

Though, the boxers do come from his pants.

:lookround:

-CindyBob