Kansas City, MO concert August 5th

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Kansas City, MO concert August 5th

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Well, I couldn't find an offical topic for this, even though I searched, so I started one since the Kansas City show is tomorrow!

I know there are some others from here going, so say who you are. :)

Finally, I get to see a full setlist. :D

-CindyBob
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Well, it just so happens that I have tickets to that concert within my possession, so I'm going to say that the probability of my appearance at the show is relatively high.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

I'll see you there, Sporkman. If you a see a girl in lots of white tomorrow (you'll see what I mean), that would be me. :)

-CindyBob
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Great, And if you happen to spot a three-story tall, eight-thousand ton death machine entirely encased with lethal explosives and ammunition, uh, run.

Oh, and, uh, if you happen to see a tall, geeky-looking adolescent male with long, curly, brown hair adorned in a Hawaiian shirt, then that would either be me or, uh, some other tall, geeky-looking adolescent male with long, curly, brown hair adorned in a Hawaiian shirt.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Oh, and, uh, if you happen to see a tall, geeky-looking adolescent male with long, curly, brown hair adorned in a Hawaiian shirt, then that would either be me or, uh, some other tall, geeky-looking adolescent male with long, curly, brown hair adorned in a Hawaiian shirt.

hmm isn't that every other guy at a Weird Al concert?
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

hmm isn't that every other guy at a Weird Al concert?

Well then, if you happen to randomly select any guy at the concert, it may or may not be me.
Alfan27
Occasional

Post by Alfan27 »

I'll definitely be there!! After the great show in St. Louis Saturday I'm really pumped for tomorrow night. Hopefully it won't rain like it did the last time Al was here.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

I'll see you there, Alfan27. :)

Just a few more hours til I leave for KC.

And here's to hoping my dad and I don't get lost on the way there again.

-CindyBob
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Well, I didn't get to meet anyone from WOWAY. :( If you guys saw a girl in a giant white floppy suit, that was me. I decided to wear my Dog Eat Dog outfit to the show, which recieved a lot of confused looks.

The show was great! I finally got to see a full set list!

And it's a conspiracy lately because it rained during the show. Not too much, just a light rain that went on and off starting from the middle of the Medley.

I'll have to get working on my actual review soon. I hope my 6 rolls of film come out this time.

-CindyBob
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

QUOTE Well, I didn't get to meet anyone from WOWAY. :( If you guys saw a girl in a giant white floppy suit, that was me.

Yeah, I uh, kind of had a nagging suspicion that may have been you; although said suspicion really didn't formulate until after Yoda, at which point temporary auditory impairment and a tired parental unit anxious to depart prevented me from attempting to find you again in order to emit some form of greeting.

If you're inquiring to yourself as to what I mean by "again," I shall elaborate: Okay, picture yourself as you were at approximately 5:30 in the afternoon waiting just outside the theater's main gate, attired in your large, flopping, white suit, conversing with a group of other fans. About ten feet to your left, there is a shy, seemingly introverted boy with semi-long, semi-curly, brown hair and an orange Hawaiian shirt leaning against a brick pillar averting his eyes whenever you happen to briefly glance in his general direction. I, uh, realize this sounds extremely pathetic, but I, uh, have to admit that that happens to, uh, be me.

Even though I didn't know it was you at the time I probably should have taken it upon myself to socialize a little. And so, I apologize for my social ineptitude.

Well, now that that has been taken care of, it's reviewing time!

. . .

QUOTE And it's a conspiracy lately because it rained during the show. Not too much, just a light rain that went on and off starting from the middle of the Medley.

Let's see. According to my only partially vague recollection, it, uh, started to trickle about Lasagna and to pour around Ode to a Superhero. Unfortunately this caused some people to actually leave that early in the show which, do to some variant on Murphy's laws, caused the rain to halt for a while. It started to pick up again during Smells Like Nirvana; however, this was, in my opinion, a positive because of the resulting lighting effects.

What else? Uh . . . Oh! I believe Al almost mistook me for a girl during Wanna B Ur Lovr :huh: ; he was having some difficulty finding more than a handful of women to sing to/sit on in easily accessible seating in the particular end of the venue in which he was venturing, and I, uh, think he was approaching me in desperation. After he corrected himself, he went off toward another long-haired boy before he finally admitted defeat and headed back toward the stage.

I'll try to post more when I stop suffering from concert-induced mental haze and road trip fatigue.