Tulsa reviews (was: show postponed due to bad weather)

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

jahaase
Occasional

Tulsa reviews (was: show postponed due to bad weather)

Post by jahaase »

I just got back from Tulsa. Unfortunately those of us in attendance spent most of our time in the bathrooms trying to avoid getting soaking wet and possibly blown away to a magical place called Oz.

The show has been rescheduled for Monday, August 4th. Same time and venue.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

how long did it take them to make a decision?
Aceb56
Occasional

Re:

Post by Aceb56 »

Yes i feel sorry for u guys we were planning on arriving at 7:30 .....but then the radio came on about 6:30 and said DONT FORGET TO SEE AL AT 7:00 tonight ......we were like 7:00! we thought it was 8. Any way we get start around 6 from tahlequah to tulsa and its starts ranning so hard winds got up to 70 mph and it was hailing so it was a ***** to drive in. We had to pull over once. So at about 7:30 we finnally get to tulsa and on the radio the lady says that the concert was posponed to monday for some kinda electrical problem. So me and my mom's friend who is a complete al fan just like me said that even tho its poponed might as well go ahead and go to the river park just to see where its at. well an hour later we finnally find it. (we got lost) And we see one of the busses start to leave (about 8:20-30) and we just got there and we see every one start waving to The Bus and we look out the car and we see a shape of a head talking to another shape head and we were like THERE IS JIM AND BERMUDA! then we see the back of the bus and we see long brown fuzzy curly hair and we were like ITS AL! so we followed the bus. (Incase you were wondering we were a silver rodeo , You might have saw us) And We followed the bus for abouta mile then we turn off....well.....huh where was I....any way the point im trying to make is WHAT DID AL DO AFTER THE POSTPONED ANOUNCEMENT WAS ANOUNCED AND DID HE SIGN AUTO GRAPHS?

Im just wodnering cuz we were kicking ourselves that we just, AND I MEAN JUST, missed something special. I mean we drove through a rain storm just to see you al.. IT WAS MEAN. Had to stop at least twice. WE DO ANYTHING AL! ANYTHING TO SEE YOU!.....er You ok Al Ima shutup now.
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

I was at the venue from about 6:30, when they told me it was postponed, until after AL and TBITB left, and, as far as I could see, AL didn't leave the bus, and definitely didn't sign autographs.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Well, that sucks. I sure hope it doesn't rain at Kansas City since that is an outdoor venue.

Least the concert wasn't postponed for longer than that.

-CindyBob
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

I was there from just before 6 until they announced that it was cancelled about 6:30 to 6:50, somewhere in that time frame. After they made the announcement, my wife and I just decided to head for home which is like a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive for us. I never saw Al or any band members leave their bus.

Wouldn't it cool of Al to do an autograph signing or something to make up for the show being postponed!? I know it wasn't his fault, but still it would be a nice gesture.

When we were on the road out of Tulsa, we heard a radio announcement about the show having been rescheduled and the woman said something like: "The Weird Al show sceduled for 7pm tonight has been rescheduled for 7pm Monday due to rain and equipment problems." When they made the announcement at the venue, they said the show would be at the same place, same time. Which would mean 8pm, not 7pm.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Changed topic to prepare for (hopefully) reviews after tonight's show. Also desgnating this the official Tulsa concert topic. Carry on.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

I heard the still had electrical shortages in Tulsa. And there is a sight chance of rain i think 30%. Nothing an umbrella wouldn't fix.Any way concert still on? Just wondering if the Ampitheater had power.

-Ace :huh:
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

Nothing an umbrella wouldn't fix.Any way concert still on?

Well the venue won't allow umbrellas, so just skip that idea. We had to return our umbrella to the car before being allowed inside last Friday. But a nice alternative I noticed other people were allowed to bring in were quilts or blankets.

The venue also doesn't allow cameras, flash or no flash. I'm still debating whether to try and sneek a camera in. I'd sure hate to be removed from the venue for taking a picture of Al, who I'm sure doesn't mind (as long as we don't use a flash) judging by all of the pictures everyone's been posting from other shows.

Does anyone know if the Tulsa paper re-ran their story on Al in today's paper? Or mabye a new story since the show was postponed?
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

hmm lol just relized....Tulsa people are some of the mos tloyal al fans around.(mostly cuz uhf) But it seems we have to pay the most, get the worst theaters imaginable, and cant even take pictures! oh well the price we pay to see al is fine with me.

Hmm i doubt the re-ran the article, and i doubt the article was of any new news. But u never know until you find out.

P.S. ima try and get a camera in. Just a cheapy but oh well.

-Ace