Amphitheatre-Set list Cut?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Aceb56
Occasional

Amphitheatre-Set list Cut?

Post by Aceb56 »

well it an outdoor venue tonight and i was just wondering if they will cut out some of the songs or maybe even...THE VIDEO CLIPS!!! I hope not. Spent 45 bucks for the front row seats so it best be full show....Although ill pay any price to see Al! er....any way....I was wondering since you know he didnt do it about 3 and half years ago at tulsa i wonder if we will get UHF this year.....I hope! I'll post Reviews and pics(if i get any) in a Tulsa 8/01 thread.

ONLY 10 hours til AL! wooo!

-Ace
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm not going to the concert, but if you really want to know if the show will be shortened, contact the venue. They are usually the reason a show would be shortened. Al typically only shortens shows at fairs or amusement parks, and it is almost always up to the venue. Hope this helps! Enjoy the show! *raging with jealousy* :D

Kevin
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

most shorten shows are when there is a 2 show venue, so unless there is some technical diffculties, then it should be a full show
fred

total shows to date, 161
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

I guess you could call it "technical diffculties" or maybe not. But due to some extremely bad weather the Al 8/01 Tulsa show consisted of cowering in the bathrooms until a storm blew over. Then they cancelled/postponed it until Monday 8/04.

So now I'm cursing myself for buying tickets to an outdoor show! :crazy:
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

they postponed the tulsa show?!?!? I almost went *is happy her dad said we had to go to an inside show* *pats her aisle seats for OKC*

maybe he'll make it up to ya'll and play UHF....
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

I'd prefer something along the lines of autographs from the entire band. Possibly accompanied by a free piece of merchandise (or maybe a guitar pick or something equally cool). But I ain't gonna hold my breath.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

*laughs* well you might be holding your breath for a while
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

Alinite1
Occasional

Post by Alinite1 »

I'm sure Al wanted to do the show. He always wants to give you your money's worth, so I don't think that you should be blaming it on him. I'm sure that you've read my GREAT Cincy review, or if you haven't, what are you waiting for? GO READ IT! GO GO GO! LOL. Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I'm sure that when you do get to see your concert, it will be even better, than it would have been if it was Friday. It really added to the Cincy concert, because I wasn't sure if the show was going to go on, and whenever it did, he gave us everything and so much more! So, enjoy Monday, Jahaase!
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

Yeah, I'm not blaming Al. It's just that no good Mother Nature I'm upset with! It just sucks because we now have to bother Grandma & Grandpa to watch our daughter again, and since it's a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive (and the show doesn't start until 8pm) we won't get home until like 2 am!

All of which is our own fault, not Al's.

I'm sure it will be a grand time, regardless.