07/27 Cincy Review

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Gonzoid

Re: Totally different line up.

Post by Gonzoid »

QUOTE I was surprized it was so completely different in Cincinnati. I love both shows, but Cin. was longer and I thought it was totally awesome!

It did seem longer and for that I'm grateful. They could've easily condensed the show because of time and the storm but they didn't. About quarter till 8, the tour manager came out to tell the crowd that they were waiting for the storm to pass by and that Al would do a full set. Then Steve Jay made an appearance, waved to the crowd, threw out a t-shirt and disappeared backstage.

This was my second Weird Al concert (the first one being at the Taft Theater in Cincy in '96), so I was looking forward to a couple things like the Yoda chant and the jumping during "Fat". Our seats were in the second section right on center aisle so that when Al came out to sing "One More Minute" I could touch him (and I did).

I tell everyone that I can that Al puts on the best show in the word. If he swings around again, I'm definitely going to see him. :)

(first post to the board... hi y'all! :whaasup: )
Shelley
Addicted

Re: Totally different line up.

Post by Shelley »

Then Steve Jay made an appearance, waved to the crowd, threw out a t-shirt and disappeared backstage.

Well, to be accurate, some kids ran up to the stage, and got Steve's attention, and threw him their t-shirt, he took it and disappeared in the back for a few minutes, then came back out and tossed it back (I'm assuming with at least his signature on it). Steve is so cool. :)

Al walked right by me too -- I was center section 5th row right on the aisle. I didn't reach out to touch him though, or jump up to stand in his way and try to grab the mic like the psycho lady further back.

It was a kick-butt show!

-Shelley