AL IN ST. LOUIS

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

:dontgetit:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE I wonder if that's the same one he wore after Vacaville in '00?  I had pretty much the same reaction to that shirt back then.  

Dang, where did I see that photo posted?

sg

Memo to Poodle Tour gofers: Time to lose something in the laundry. :P
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Memo to Poodle Tour gofers: Time to lose something in the laundry.  

Memo to Poodle Tour gofers, Revised: Time to send the Radioactive Split Pea shirt to Scottidog.

Hey, just because he shouldn't wear it anymore, he's already worn it, so it could be a nifty addition to The Collection.
erkman27
Regular

Wahoo!

Post by erkman27 »

So I was there at the 2nd show. Absolutely almazing as always! I agree the green shirt threw me off but hey he's Al why not? Also, did anyone else notice it was REALLY, REALLY loud i there? OH! How awesome was it that he did Pentiums for the 2nd one! As tired as they were it just goes to show how dedicated Al & the band are as they stayed to sign stuff for the mob of fans outside (including me!). Great show! Great time! Hopefully lookig forward to my next one in Albuquerque!!!

-Erik
Alfan27
Occasional

Post by Alfan27 »

The second show was amazing! I'm not sure how different the set list was from the first show but they played longer than I thought they would. My friends and I got front row tickets and it was a great experience. Al danced and gyrated right in front of my wife during Wanna B Ur Lovr. It was extremely funny! We also got to meet Al after the show with everybody else who was waiting by the bus. I was really surprised he came out and signed. He must have been exhausted after two shows. He was very cool to everyone as usual. It was strange meeting Al at 1 in the morning. I'm pumped for the show in Kansas City Tuesday.
CarolAnne

concert

Post by CarolAnne »

I was at the early show last night. It was awesome! It was first Weird Al concert I've been too. I was in the last row before the standing area but it was still cool. Except for the guy in front of me was tall! lol! If you saw anyone with a Josie and the Pussycat shirt that was me! But I doubt anyone saw me haha! Oh well lol! I wanted to meet him sooo bad but I couldn't. oh well. I still had a blast! The rain afterwards sucked though! haha!

Weird PC

Post by Weird PC »

Time for a review:

So, after leaving my dad's house in Sparta, IL, off we drove to the 7PM show. I acted extremely excited, as my friend Shane wondered just what was wrong with me as he put his misspelled Al sign in the back seat. I eagerly counted down the blocks left until we reached the Pageant. We finally got there as loads of Al fans poured into the building. I was so happy that we were finally there. It was time to see Al! It was time for--

--a trip to the gas station so my mom could go to the bathroom before the show. -_-;;

Buuut, then we managed to get ourselves a parking space and get going. I was as giddy as a schoolgirl. Being the only Al fan I knew of where I lived, it was great to see so many aloholics like myself. I took the digicam just in case I saw someone before I went inside. I ran up to the tour bus and watched as Ruben jumped back inside the bus.

So, there me and my friend waited, knowing that eventually we'd get autographs from at least one person. Al was already in the building (I'm guessing Bermuda was, too), so we waited on the rest of the band. Then, good ol' Steve came out (with a bike, no less). I then realized something as he was getting stuff out.

I had forgotten something to be autographed!

So off I ran to the car to get Poodle Hat and back.

And realized I forgot a pen.

Soooooo I ran back to get a pen.

Soon, Steve was signing autographs. Unfortunately, both Shane and I were missed. I was pretty disapointed, but it was nice of Steve to sign autographs in the first place with the band scrambling to set up. I got pictures, so that's a plus.

Since we had nothing better to do, we waited a bit longer just in case as we saw Steve, Ruben, and Jim go into the building to set up. We met a guy who goes from concert to concert to get autographs. He must've had over 100.

So we went into the Pageant. I was surprised at how much smaller it was than I would've thought. We each bought a T-shirt and sat down as Funzone finished playing.

The concert was great, of course. He sang all the great songs, and showed his disturbing video clips that had the audience in stitches. Even though time was cut due to having another show at 10, Al and co. did a superb job. It'll be hard to forget Ruben in a sombrero. :biggrin:

It was a beautiful evening when the show ended. Wait, no, it was pouring rain. Everyone quickly ran to their vehicles. We stood on the stairs where we couldn't get wet with a woman and her young children. My parents talked with her as I recited Albequerque with the 10-or-so year old girl. I watched her 2 older kids standing out in the rain by the tour bus, waiting for someone to come out.

Al in al, it was a great time had by all. It's a shame that I won't be able to see another show until he tours St. Louis again. Next time, though, I'm going to the 2nd show, so I can score some autographs! Still, this is an event that'll be hard to forget.

Well, there's my review. If I can get stuff working, I'll try to get some pics up.
Hey. Look at my signature.