new weird al live dvd???

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE thats just an estimate.. i think there might be a 8 second break as well...

I didn't notice a break.

I'd love to have WBUL to view in the comfort of my own home... :inlove:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Hmmm.... we've already had Weird Al Yankovic Live!

How about Weird Al Yankovic Dead! (concert video consisting only of songs dropped from the current tour :P)
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE in all past tours it was a fluid transition...

Yeah, I noticed that. The songs aren't leading into each other as well as they have in the past.

But, it's also still early in the tour. The first show was the first time the whole band did a complete run-through of the setlist, so maybe it's just a matter of fine-tuning.

I may be crazy, but I coulda sworn that "Jeopardy" and "Grapefruit Diet" switched places early on in the TWS medley.

Oops...forgot to actually say what I was going to say about the topic. I don't know if another home video release is needed just yet, but another TV broadcast of a concert would be cool. It would be nice to have one for each tour (or at least, since the BHT).
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I need it.

Don't I?
jedimom
Addicted

Post by jedimom »

I need more Al stuff! I'd buy it!
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

A good q for Ask Al...

If anybody sees cameras, just remember, "Cameras GOOD."
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

A "Live!" DVD for this tour would be nice, but I don't think it's going to happen. The last half of the concert is too similiar to TWS. There wouldn't be much value to videotaping an entire concert, except for archival purposes, and only Bermuda has permision to do that.

Al's also been pretty good in the past about not forcing fans to buy stuff that they already have. If he releases something that's already been released before, it's only because it's somehow enhanced, or available in a format it was never available in before.

I don't think I can really explain the rest of my point, without SPOILERS, so if you don't want to know, skip my post.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

Let's look at a breakdown of the concert setlist.

Of the first 10 songs, IAATP and OMM are already on "Live!" and "Melanie" was recorded and broadcast for the Disney (TN)GH special, so only 7 songs there haven't been available before. And technically, CP was performed on Kilborn, and there is a polka on "Live!" (though not AWBP) so that's been done before, so really there are only 5 songs from the first part of the show that are new.

The medley is mostly recycled stuff. Only "eBay," OTAS, "Lasagna" and FD aren't on "Live!" already. "Lasagna" has been performed on TV before and FD can't be included for the same reason it wasn't included on "Live!" so there's really only 2 short song snippets there.

The rest of the show is already included on "Live!"

So, there's only 5-7 songs that live versions haven't been available before, and if you're generous and don't include the stuff only shown on TV, that's still less than 10 new songs.

And I don't see Al justifying releasing a 2 hour video for up to 10 new songs. Hopefully these new songs will be part of a VH1 or Disney or similiar special.

SPOILERS ABOVE!!!!

Dave
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Unless they go in a "Videos" re release- that's what BNL did. Put a couple songs in a video DVD, add a commentary on the videos, A karaoke, and voila, DVD.

Although we'd like more....
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Post by catanddogdoctor »

I'd love to have WBUL to view in the comfort of my own home...  :inlove:

Oh, that would be................AWESOME.....

:inlove:

Maria, editing pictures and cherishing the memories
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE And I don't see Al justifying releasing a 2 hour video for up to 10 new songs.  Hopefully these new songs will be part of a VH1 or Disney or similiar special.

I'd buy it. And cherish it. In fact, I'd better buy two copies, just in case I wear out the first one...

QUOTE editing pictures and cherishing the memories

Yeah, me too. :inlove: I have a few Al ones posted now, and the individual band members stuff is up there too on my webpage. Which is linked at that little button down there under this post.