Opening Acts YOU want

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

rboy27
Obsessed

Opening Acts YOU want

Post by rboy27 »

Al usualy choses a local comedian for an opening act, but who would you like to see. Any mainstream comedian, band, ANYTHING. There is a band called American English. If you live in the chicago area, you know these guys. They are a Beatles tribute band who have won countless awards including "Battle of the Beatle Bands" at Beatlefest (a Beatles convention held in chicago and other cities), which they won 3 years in a row. I know they aren't comedians but with Al being a Beatles fan, it would be a good match. I don't know if I can post their website here (don't want to get in trouble) but if you ever saw them, you could swear it was the real Beatles. The Beatles and Al togther in one show.....thats paradice.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

ncluding "Battle of the Beatle Bands
man, they missed a great opportunity to call it Beatle of the Bands.

oh well.

i'd still like to see They Might Be Giants with Al but I guess they aren't interested in that. maybe Luke Ski then?

-jon
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

I think Emo Phillips would be the best choice.

I would also like to see Those Darn Accordions! (very possible) Weezer, Radiohead, Bjork, Talking Heads, or Belle and Sebastion for musical acts. Of course Radiohead and Bjork are already selling out concerts so I doubt that would happen.

For clean comedians i would like to see Lewis Black, Emo Phillips, Jon Stewart,
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Emo, TDA or a local comedian who opened for Al during BHT at Valley Forge, Big Daddy Graham. He's real funny, been on Dr D a few times too. He does stand up and music. I hope we get him at the Mann.

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ak and Zuie.
Alfan27
Occasional

Post by Alfan27 »

Al should be like Springsteen and have no opening act. He could possibly go on earlier and play more songs. He don't need no stinking opening act! Al would blow most groups or comedians off the stage anyway!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Next time Al is in Madison, WI it would be wonderful if he had a local juggler named TR Loon (the TR stands for truly remarkable). He's been a favorite at the Farmer's Market and other street venues for years.

I love the TDA and TMBG ideas too. You can never have too many accordions.
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

...a local juggler named TR Loon (the TR stands for truly remarkable). He's been a favorite at the Farmer's Market and other street venues for years.

Sounds like a lot is going on in Madison . :sleepy:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE Next time Al is in Madison, WI it would be wonderful if he had a local juggler named TR Loon (the TR stands for truly remarkable). He's been a favorite at the Farmer's Market and other street venues for years.

Can I just say that the only time I actually hate jugglers is when they do open for someone else's performance?

I don't know what it is...I like jugglers, but their annoying levels increase tenfold when they start making the "I told them to move this equipment" wisecracks. Just toss your bowling pins, Teller!
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

they had a jugglern at the navy pier shows last tour, maybe again this time, he was ok, not great, but didnt sux either
fred

total shows to date, 161