House of Blues Orlando Show - Thoughts? (minor set Spoilers)

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

FloridaAlFan

House of Blues Orlando Show - Thoughts? (minor set Spoilers)

Post by FloridaAlFan »

Hi All!!!

Got back from a great show last night!!!!!!!!!!!!! The House of Blues in Orlando was jam packed with Al fans of all shapes, sizes, ages, and fashion choices.

I thought the show was great!!! The set list was great and I was really glad to hear "Melanie," and old favorite!! I went to the RWS tour and "Dog Eat Dog" was not played, so it was great to hear something new!! What a performer Al really is!!

I was in the balcony area with a totally unobstructed view of the stage (except for the jerk kid in front of me who was pushing me and my wife farther and farther to the right...but it didn't take away from our total enjoyment). It was a great place to be. Not overly crowded and right near the bar :P

The crowd was PUMPED!!! We were singing along to every song and reciting the videos along with the TV screen. It was just a great time! My best friend came and saw Al live for the first time and totally ressurected his love for Al!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to hear stories from other attendees.

Jason!
Captain Tylor
Occasional

Great Show!!

Post by Captain Tylor »

I was there too!! I was truly a terrific performance. Dog Eat Dog was great and I loved the costume and the motions Al went through.

I was up in the balcony as well and I am glad because after the show walking down the stairs you could feel the heat and smell the funk.... ICK!!

I do however hope that next time AL tours we get a real concert house venue instead of the House Of Blues. I want to sit down. I hated standing for 4 hours. I drove up from Ft Lauderdale to see the concert because Orlando was the only stop in Florida this year....LAME!!

After the concert I met the band outside by the gate waiting for AL to sign. He did not show but I did get everyone elses signatures from the band on my Poodle Hat CD cover!! I already met AL last time he came to Ft Lauderdale so it was a pleasure to add his bands sigs to my collection instead.
MarlinsGirl
Obsessed
Awards: Best Fan Artist (PhotoShopped Material)-WOWAY Awards 4.0

Post by MarlinsGirl »

I was there as well. I was on the floor, and it was packed with people. The 2nd half of the show I sat on one of the boxes off to the side.

I had a great time, but I do hope when Al comes back to Florida he chooses a place with seats.

Terri M.
5/19/00--First Concert-Melbourne, FL
7/5/03--Orlando, FL
4/29/04--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
5/24/07--I MET AL, Melbourne, FL
7/24/10--I MET AL AGAIN, Boca Raton, FL
8/14/15--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
6/4/16--FRONT ROW & MET AL, WPB, FL
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I hate to be a pest here, but there is a Central Concert Review thread... do we need to have all these small topics for each and every concert?
Captain Tylor
Occasional

I dont want to sound rude Scottidog...

Post by Captain Tylor »

But YES I think we do need the smaller topics for the concerts. I am sure not going to go looking through a thread for other people who shared the same experience as I did, and its easier to see the topics for the concerts if they are on their own. A generic concert thread doesnt do it for me Unless you just want to talk about overall how the concert was. I want to share my experiences with others who were there with me.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I'd rather see the concert thread broken up into individual shows or multiple shows seen by the same person. I have 2 coming up. Stay tuned.

El
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ok by me. Good thing I asked, huh?

:biggrin:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Seems to me that doing the concert topics according to venue makes most sense.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

It's better to post one topic per show. However, a lot of concerts already have topics. So, can we re-use the existig topics rather than opening another one for each show please? Thanks.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

But Dave... then they'd have to search for the topic...

:P

It's a joke. Just a joke. :biggrin: <---- see the smiley?