Cameras

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

BLG123
Occasional

Cameras

Post by BLG123 »

If this belongs somewhere else, im sorry to open another topic for it, but are photos allowed to be taken at the concerts? The show I'm going to says its ok with them as long as its ok with the performer. If so, what is a good type of camera to use? And should I get one with or without a flash?
Katoot
Occasional

Post by Katoot »

Whether you can bring a camera depends on the venue. And go without a flash, otherwise, if you have people in front of you, the back of their heads will turn out better than what's on the stage.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

At the SLO show they announced that cameras were not allowed. But I didn't use flash, and I had no problem.

I don't know how strict some venues are.
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

For the Toledo show, I had called the venue a few days before, and they were very emphatic that it was strictly NO CAMERAS! ..so I took mine anyway. :)

Ended up they were checking bags, and wouldn't let you bring in food/beverages (they had concessions setup closer to the ampitheatre in the zoo), but they didn't care about my camera. They wouldn't let Fred bring her camera in with the huge zoom lens though. We asked a guard by the stage, and they said as long as no flash, it was fine.

Moral of the story, always take it just in case!

-Shelley
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

hopefully they won't mind my little digital camera.....I'll take that so I can lighten the pics later, if they don't turn out

Sarah
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

well i started to post something else, but got cut off, basically the band says ok, its the venues choice, i photographed 45 out of 48 TWS shows, so go fig
fred

total shows to date, 161