Gift for Nina???

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

rboy27
Obsessed

Re: gifts

Post by rboy27 »

See, now aren't you glad I was a responsible pie-sitter? A lesser pie-sitter would have violated the pie.
:nervous:

Ew!!!

Dave

If loving a pie is wrong, I don't want to be right. :P
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Dave, I beg to differ on the refusal to accept food gifts thing. I gave Al and Suzanne a big chocolate kiss and I gave Al his own personAL chocolate Al! And I've given dark chocolate goodies to Jon twice, and gave Jon about 7 of my chocolate Al's in '01, one of which wound up in the Gallery. So, Al will accept food gifts. I think he did so because I made 50 of those chocolate Als for the fans to purchase for Comic Relief charity, so he figured they were safe. :)

Patti

very glad Al did accept her food gifts!
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

So, Al will accept food gifts. I think he did so because I made 50 of those chocolate Als for the fans to purchase for Comic Relief charity, so he figured they were safe. :)

This is what I heard (I believe it was from Bermuda) regarding food gifts. Packaged commercial stuff is okay - like chocolate candies. Homemade stuff will probably be accepted, but won't be eaten unless the giver is known.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Yes, what Carole said is what I meant.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

At the Virgin Records signing, I gave Al a stuffed squirrel for Nina(stuffed as in "toy", not "taxidermy" :lookround: ) and a sweater with a sequined collar that read "attack poodle", which was, obviously, meant for Bela.

They were both very spur of the moment gifts, though. I don't imagine

Nina is exactly deprived of toys.

sg
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Homemade stuff will probably be accepted, but won't be eaten unless the giver is known.

Well, thank heaven for that. I was worried about just random stuff being eaten. These days you can't be too careful.

Hey, Rubén? Have you tried this yet? How do you feel?
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

At the Virgin Records signing, I gave Al a stuffed squirrel for Nina(stuffed as in "toy", not "taxidermy" :lookround: ) and a sweater with a sequined collar that read "attack poodle", which was, obviously, meant for Bela.

It would be cool if the sweater was for the stuffed squirrel. Wait... :huh:
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Al tried on the sweater first, but it was just a wee bit too snug for him. :nervous:

Ju-u-u-u-st kidding :)

sg
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Dang, I was hoping for a picture of that!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ok, Dave. I can see your point. But I'm sure Al and Jon have eaten my stuff. They know I wouldn't have made all those candies for the people at AlCon with anything but the best ingredients and under the most sanitary conditions. *I believe 35 out of the 50 candy Als did get sold, so that's not too bad. And lots of my Al fan friends have been recipients of Al candies/cookies, and have loved them. :) I fully intend to give Al some cookies if I see him next time. I'm sure he knows he can trust me. :)

Patti