Costume Changes

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

julieabr
Occasional

Post by julieabr »

That was going to be my next question. Does the band (i refuse to use that acronym) wear anything during Couch Potato, WBUL, Dog Eat Dog, or any other new songs?

No, they're completely naked. :P

Julie
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

That was going to be my next question. Does the band (i refuse to use that acronym) wear anything during Couch Potato, WBUL, Dog Eat Dog, or any other new songs?

No, they're completely naked. :P

Julie

Well, that'd be reason enough to go to a show right there

:blush: :blush: :blush:
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Okay, I'm not gonna listen for a while to the drool topic... :P
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

It's okay, there aren't any more naked band members wandering around those discussions. We admire them for their musicianship and their affability-- it's not up to us to admire their epidermis as well. They get to choose their own private audience for that.

BTW, the opening comic at Konocti had kind of a funny bit where he was wondering whether women were undressing him with their eyes-- and then immediately re-clothing him in less dorky duds.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I wondered about that, because Bermuda said that the sleeveless red vest Jim was wearing in the band photo was the Eat It jacket, and then Al has it on, re-sleeved.
Zippered sleeves. Easy on, easy off.
Not only is Al the hardest-working man in show business, he also wears the hardest-working silver lamé in show business.

I'll be over in the Drool Topic if anyone needs me... :inlove:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

You're probably right. No one could possibly say that the Eat It jacket isn't pretty comprehensively zippered.

BTW, has the Fat costume always had handcuffs on it?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

BTW, has the Fat costume always had handcuffs on it?

Assuming you mean those things that hook around one or 2 of his fingers...they were there in WAY Live.

Or if you're talking about the handcuffs the police use.. :dontgetit:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I just had another look at the WAY Live performance myself. I was thinking of the dealy-bob with the rings that's dangling from his midsection on the left-hand side. Now that I've taken a better look, it's not handcuffs. It might be a snaffle bit from a horse's bridle, though.

--OE, wondering if that costume was one of the unconscious inspirations for "Hardware Store."
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Great topic!

QUOTE Yes, he comes out for Couch Potato wearing the much-too-baggy-jeans, a maroon colored hooded sweatshirt over black tshirt.

What I thought was interesting was that he's also wearing a black cap under the hooded sweatshirt. It appears as if the black cap is sewn into the hooded sweatshirt.

QUOTE They are in fact from Nelly's own clothing line.  Although I couldn't find the specific outfit.  Looking at my pictures, it seems TBITB also had some Vokal clothing too, but I don't remember it from that night.  

What's the significance of the number 4 which was on each of the band member's outfits during that song?

As far as costumes go for the carryover songs, IAATP had a new outfit, MFN/BH had a new jacket, OMM had a new jacket and the boxers are a new design. There are also some new Hawaiian shirts that I don't remember seeing elsewhere before. The rest of the carryover songs appeared to have recycled the outfits from the previous tour.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

QUOTE MFN/BH had a new jacket,

The silvery one? Well, Al did wear that at the OC fair last year.

-CindyBob