Costume Changes

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Isn't the new MFNBH jacket actually the one from the bad hair tour worn during Since Youve Been Gone, that really shiny shirt/jacket thing?
I'm pretty sure they are one in the same. At least it's cool that Al has a different MFN jacket for each tour (although I kinda prefer the one on TWS).

I think they are the same. I kept thinking that during OC last year, thinking if that was the Since You've Been Gone jacket from BHT.

-CindyBob
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Are the costumes for the videos the same as the costumes on stage?

I was just reading Weird El's post about the costumes being taken out of the OC Fair exhibit so Al could wear them. For example, the exact same pair of scrubs worn in LAS video are the ones Al performed in as recently as TWS? I always assumed he got different ones for the touring.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Does anyone know if Lynnette is still the Wardrobe Mistress?
Tanaquil

Post by Tanaquil »

She isn't. I don't think she was for TWS either. I know that she was the wardrobe goddess, or filled some similar position, for Reba McEntire after her stint with Al, but I'm not sure what she's doing now.

I had the privilege of hanging out with her a little at Alcon III, and she's awesome.

~Tanaquil
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Are the costumes for the videos the same as the costumes on stage?
I was just reading Weird El's post about the costumes being taken out of the OC Fair exhibit so Al could wear them. For example, the exact same pair of scrubs worn in LAS video are the ones Al performed in as recently as TWS? I always assumed he got different ones for the touring.

The costumes that were going in and out of display cases were the ones like the DTBS suit. Surgical scrubs are a different matter; they're relatively cheap, available off-the-rack, and washable. Al probably had quite a few sets of those to stay ahead of the laundry. I don't suppose he really ENJOYED re-experiencing his own sweat from previous performances :mad: , so I'd think he'd prevent that when he could.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The costumes that were going in and out of display cases were the ones like the DTBS suit. Surgical scrubs are a different matter; they're relatively cheap, available off-the-rack, and washable.
So which costumes would you suppose are there only one of?

I'd guess Bedrock Anthem, Dare To Be Stupid, Smells Like Nirvana (?), Couch Potato (but what else would it be used for? The video?), any others?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Pentiums was taken out last year, but now he has a new touring silver suit, I think. Also Amish Paradise if I'm thinking correctly.

-CindyBob
julieabr
Occasional

Post by julieabr »

Pentiums was taken out last year, but now he has a new touring silver suit, I think. Also Amish Paradise if I'm thinking correctly.
-CindyBob

The pentiums suit must be new, it looks alot more sparkly than the last tour.

Julie
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Well, I'll get to see for myself in only 3 days to see this new touring silver suit. :bigups:

-CindyBob
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

So shiny! So sparkly! So much... Al.

I'll be over in the drool topic if anyone needs me.