Close Encounters of the Weird Kind

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

BB 16 and BB 17. Best seats in the house. Well, you know, besides Bermuda's.
kidcid
Obsessed

Re: Close Encounters of the Weird Kind

Post by kidcid »

They're not weird, but... Bermuda, Steve and Ruben came out to chat and sign things for us after SLO. Thanks, guys!

Somebody from the crew (tour manager?) then explained that Al, being a new father, would not be meeting fans that night because he wanted to get home as soon as possible to his family. But Al did come out briefly to wave at us from a safe distance-- that is, too far away for anyone to hand him a Sharpie-- and thank us for coming.

Yeah, I'm disappointed. :( But I'm disappointed in the circumstance, not in Al's character. It matters a lot more that Suzanne and Nina got their meet-and-greet this morning.

Miles Jay was there with Steve too; it was pretty cool to hear that Miles has been learning the bass parts to Al songs from his dad ever since he was old enough to play the instrument. No wonder he sounded so good at the OC fair last summer-- he'd been apprenticing his whole life for that gig.

The guy who made the announcement was long time tour manager Skip (Last name unknown to me). I think it was really nice that Al came over and said a few words to the group afterward. He didn't have to, and I think that shows that his fans really do matter to him. Thanks Al!!! And thanks Jon, Steve, Miles and Ruben who entertained all of us with pictures and autographs.

Cid
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

julieabr wrote:
Orthography Enthusiast wrote:
It was so nice to meet you Julie. I hope I see you again in the future...It was also great hanging out with OE, and Scottiedog both of who (whom?) I had never met before.

Cid
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Cid it was good to get to meet you and Kevin too. I hope Kevin wasn't offended that I asked him to be a surrogate Al for some of my pictures. He just looks so cute, how could I resist?
julieabr
Occasional

Post by julieabr »

[quote="kidcid

It was so nice to meet you Julie. I hope I see you again in the future...It was also great hanging out with OE, and Scottiedog both of who (whom?) I had never met before.

Cid[/quote]

Thanks, it was nice meeting you too. Thanks again for the poodle hats!

Julie
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Cid it was good to get to meet you and Kevin too. I hope Kevin wasn't offended that I asked him to be a surrogate Al for some of my pictures. He just looks so cute, how could I resist?
Kevin offended that some one thinks he looks like Al???No way baby, he loves it!! Plus he's such a ham that he just loves having his picture taken.
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Was I seeing things, or when Al came over to say sorry to everyone was he LIMPiNG??? Did anyone else notice this?

Cid
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

I didn't, then again I wasn't there either. :P
julieabr
Occasional

Post by julieabr »

Was I seeing things, or when Al came over to say sorry to everyone was he LIMPiNG??? Did anyone else notice this?
Cid

I don't remember seeing him limp, but considering that fall he took with the stool it is possible.

Julie
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

The guy who made the announcement was long time tour manager Skip (Last name unknown to me). I think it was really nice that Al came over and said a few words to the group afterward. He didn't have to, and I think that shows that his fans really do matter to him. Thanks Al!!! And thanks Jon, Steve, Miles and Ruben who entertained all of us with pictures and autographs.
Cid

That would be John "Skip" Lisk. He's a cool guy.

~Allison