Tour Buses

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

On this tour, isn't it supposed to be one crew bus and two band buses?
Well, the rider doesn't specify who is riding where:
Parking at venue capable of accommodating one (1) tractor trailer and three (3) 45’ (foot) tour
buses. If parking at the venue is a problem, please make alternate arrangements including any
parking permits that may be required. Please notify Tour Manager well in advance of any
parking or power problems

Do you have another source?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

No, no other info. A misrecollection. Maybe the crew is getting two buses this time.

Did you notice that the vegan meals are required to include "desert"? I hope they provide plenty of fruit juice because that sounds like a thirsty meal indeed!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

The thing that cracks me up is the note that several of the crew members are strict vegans, including Al. As if the fact that the man who is the REASON for the show is a vegan isn't enough to make sure that a correct meal is provided. Al's problem is that he's not a prima donna. He should request something odd just for fun. I don't think the hawaiian shirt thing is in the rider this time is it?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Well, it's not just unassumingness. It's also having ENOUGH vegan meals to go around. Al probably doesn't want three other people trying to graze off his plate.

After all, what was his answer to "What's the stupidest question you've ever heard?" Wasn't it "Are you going to eat that?"

And he's thin enough as it is.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

And he's thin enough as it is.

And that's on a non-tour schedule. We all know the only exercise he gets is to excercise good judgement. Can you imagine what his calorie expenditure must be like on tour?
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

There was a guy named David Burnette who had pics of the inside of the RWS tour bus on his site. The original location is now down. You can see the site cached on Google here, but alas, the pictures are gone too now. It does list some of the bus' amenities, however, so drool away. I might have saved a copy of that page on my hard drive on the upstairs puter, though. I'll see if I can find it -- that is, if there's an interest in seeing it.

Dr. Dad
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

that is, if there's an interest in seeing it.

Dr. Dad

Well, go look! Now!! Scottidog wants to see the inside of the smelly old band bus!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

There's an interest! I want to see also.

-CindyBob
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Yeah, I remember that from a few years back.

Very nice! Al had the master bedroom, and the TBITB were in the bunks on the wall in the hallway. (not that I was ever in the bus, of course :lookround: ).

But there did seem to be an awful LOT of mirrors in it.

I also recall it was the same bus used by the Dixie Chicks, but that was a few years back, so they may be using something else on this tour.

sg
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I also recall it was the same bus used by the Dixie Chicks, but that was a few years back, so they may be using something else on this tour.

sg

Well, I certainly hope so. It would be too crowded with all those Chicks on board too. :P