BlizzCon 4-5 November 2016

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

BlizzCon 4-5 November 2016

Post by Sappho »

Al is closing out BlizzCon this year! BlizzCon being the giant games convention by game developer/publisher Blizzard of Warcraft, Starcraft and, more recently, Overwatch fame.

You can buy virtual tickets to the convention that will allow you to to see the concert (and many other events) live as it happens.

https://blizzcon.com/en-gb/news/2034467 ... zzcon-2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm actually considering buying a ticket, even though I haven't been interested in Blizzard games in a long time. It'll be the closest I get to seeing Al live until he decides to come back to Europe again.
Love and peace.
Heds
Obsessed

Re: BlizzCon 4-5 November 2016

Post by Heds »

"Virtual tickets"? :blink:

I thought Twitch existed for these gaming events. :rolleyes:

P.S. Overwatch is a hella good game!!!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

Yeah they're basically monetizing the video streams. It's just a bit annoying that, besides the concert, most of the stuff I'd actually be interested in watching - all the behind the scenes stuff in game development - isn't actually going to be streamed.

And yeah I keep hearing about how good Overwatch is, and how awesome the characters. I doubt I'll ever play it though, fps just isn't my thing. Especially not fps online multiplayer. :ph34r:
Love and peace.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

It's actually quite easy to get kills in Overwatch (although I don't think the game is violent enough for them to be called "kills"). You just need a bit of skill and to play about for a while, then you've basically mastered it all. I like the effect you get when you play d.va - the controller feels a bit more heavier and it basically fits the character. Really fun to play about with.

And yeah. I think the behind the scenes stuff would've been shown on Twitch had they just went with that option. A bit confusing as to WHY they went for monetising a stream. :think:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stardrop
Occasional

Post by stardrop »

I think game tournaments(and the open ceremony) will be streamed free.

Anyway, I bought the virtual ticket. I assume it's a part of Closing Ceremony(6:30PM - 9:30PM PDT) - then it's feasible for me to watch it live.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Guys, you don't understand. This means we finally get a "recording" of this tour, or at least some of the songs. This is great! We are actually getting a live recording...yay!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

I was just listening to the Kevin & Bean podcast where Al and Scott Aukerman are both guesting (only in the last 20 minutes though :bad: ) and Al drops a 'sclusie that the webcast of the concert is apparently going to be MC'ed by Scott and (I think) Paul Shearer.
Love and peace.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Sappho wrote:I was just listening to the Kevin & Bean podcast where Al and Scott Aukerman are both guesting (only in the last 20 minutes though :bad: ) and Al drops a 'sclusie that the webcast of the concert is apparently going to be MC'ed by Scott and (I think) Paul Shearer.
That probably means they will be talking in between the costume changes instead of showing the actual video clips
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Not relevant, but thematically relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERJUTMxbnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What are the chances of Al performing a parody of one of his own original songs that he didn't write? Nonexistent, probably, but it's fun to daydream.
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

Sappho wrote:I was just listening to the Kevin & Bean podcast where Al and Scott Aukerman are both guesting (only in the last 20 minutes though :bad: ) and Al drops a 'sclusie that the webcast of the concert is apparently going to be MC'ed by Scott and (I think) Paul Shearer.
Actually I think I may have gotten this wrong, it was kinda hard to understand in the recording. It's probably Paul Scheer they were talking about. I'm not hugely knowledgeable about Earwolf productions beyond CBB (or comedy in general) so I had no idea who he is but he's associated with it and Scott so it would make sense.
Love and peace.