10/29/16 Los Angeles Shrine Expo Hall (Festival Supreme 16)

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: 10/29/16 Los Angeles Shrine Expo Hall (Festival Supreme

Post by TMBJon »

Muppetboy's setlist is correct.

It was a great show, and they did a solid job of condensing a Weird Al concert into an hour. The show started with no fanfare - no Fun Zone or video clips, just Al coming out wearing the Foil outfit and accordion, then asks if we were ready to polka. The bit after Amish Paradise was changed up a bit to say that they couldn't do no more "because this is a festival situation". And for the encore, Ruben did his crowd routine leading right into Yoda. Al was dressed in his white Jedi robes, not the Saga brown one.

There was one noticeable mistake at the start of White & Nerdy. As soon as the song started, Jim and Steve started looking around everywhere for their mics. Jim was just wandering around at the back of the stage, while Steve went onto Ruben's riser and stole his vocal mic. By the second verse, someone had gotten Jim a mic and from there on they did the song as normal.

The rest of the festival was indeed supreme. My wife and I got to see Eric Andre, Test Pattern (a Talking Heads style parody band featuring Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, and Maya Rudolph), The Vandals, Tim Heidecker, Jenny Slate, Al, and Flight of the Conchords. Quite a lot of bang for our buck. There were definitely some scheduling issues, but what can you do - that's the problem with festivals. Would've loved to see Sarah and Patton, but glad I got to see Al one more time!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Re: 10/29/16 Los Angeles Shrine Expo Hall (Festival Supreme

Post by Heds »

Hope y'all enjoyed it! I'm well jel :(
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;