Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby ironhide1975 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:13 pm

Probably a dumb newbie question but I couldn't find the answer in the search feature. Just saw Weird Al last night in Columbus and he was amazing (as per usual.) His performance sound so perfect I have to wonder if he lip syncs ANY of the songs like I Wanna Be Your Lover or Foil.

And I'm not talking about backing tracks, I'm asking about the lead vocal.

Any clarification from fans is appreciated. Thank you.
ironhide1975
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:42 pm

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby Sappho » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:23 pm

As far as I know he does not lip sync. He's one of those all too rare artists who sound exactly as good live as they do on the album. :D
Love and peace.
User avatar
Sappho
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1105
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby tomatochives » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:57 pm

I think it's obvious during Tacky he lip syncs to those high notes. You can tell when he covers his face for certain lyrics.

Never let you forget some favor I did for you
Think it's fun threatening waiters with a bad Yelp review
Practice my twerking moves in line at the DMV
If I'm bit by a zombie
User avatar
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan
 
Posts: 417
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby Heds » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:11 pm

tomatochives wrote:I think it's obvious during Tacky he lip syncs to those high notes. You can tell when he covers his face for certain lyrics.

Never let you forget some favor I did for you
Think it's fun threatening waiters with a bad Yelp review
Practice my twerking moves in line at the DMV
If I'm bit by a zombie

I think his voice is weakening because he's getting into the elderly stages of his life and will probably soon be preparing for his final years (but let's admit it - I'm sure with the fact he has one drink a month and doesn't smoke or take drugs he'll probably live for another good 30 years), so high notes will be hard for him to go through. Mind, even in just two years a lot about you changes.
hey there johnny, i hope you fry!

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey
User avatar
Heds
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1776
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Location: Land? Duh.

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby tomatochives » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Such is life... :sadeyes:

Also, during the choruses of Handy and Inactive, he's clearly letting the backing track do all the work.
User avatar
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan
 
Posts: 417
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby Heds » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:44 pm

tomatochives wrote:Such is life... :sadeyes:

Also, during the choruses of Handy and Inactive, he's clearly letting the backing track do all the work.

It's a shame. His beautiful voice is just beginning to make way... ;( I don't think Al's voice will even be the same in about 10 years time. The beautiful voice. The voice we used to enjoy and singalong to.

Why must ageing exist? It doesn't make sense.
hey there johnny, i hope you fry!

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey
User avatar
Heds
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1776
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Location: Land? Duh.

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby yankochick38 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:28 am

Uhh... :huh: Al's only 56. It's not like he's 89. My parents are his age. Why are we thinking like this. Al's fine, Heds. He takes care of his voice, he knows what he's doing. We are still in the present. Everything is fine.

There's not one full song Al lip syncs to! I guess there's just bits and pieces, but overall he's doing it live!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YANKOCHICK NEWS NETWORK: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
User avatar
yankochick38
Be jealous.
 
Posts: 5465
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:05 am
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby Heds » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:52 am

yankochick38 wrote:Uhh... :huh: Al's only 56. It's not like he's 89. My parents are his age. Why are we thinking like this. Al's fine, Heds. He takes care of his voice, he knows what he's doing. We are still in the present. Everything is fine.

There's not one full song Al lip syncs to! I guess there's just bits and pieces, but overall he's doing it live!

Offt, doesn't mean I can't show a bit of concern... -_-
hey there johnny, i hope you fry!

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey
User avatar
Heds
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1776
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Location: Land? Duh.

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby TMBJon » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:23 am

There's a difference between showing concern and being unnecessarily morbid. He certainly isn't "preparing for his final years"!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 20449
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Re: Does Weird Al Lip Sync ANY of his songs live?

Postby Heds » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:31 am

Jon the eejit wrote:There's a difference between showing concern and being unnecessarily morbid. He certainly isn't "preparing for his final years"!

I wrote:(but let's admit it - I'm sure with the fact he has one drink a month and doesn't smoke or take drugs he'll probably live for another good 30 years)
hey there johnny, i hope you fry!

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey
User avatar
Heds
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1776
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Location: Land? Duh.

Next

Return to Touring & Live Appearances

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests