"Weird Al" on Sirius XM 5/18/16

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

"Weird Al" on Sirius XM 5/18/16

Post by Muppetboy09 »

About a month ago, Al and the band were on Sirius XM playing a couple songs. Here are the videos, just released. Great to here a good quality version of the acoustic medley (minus Jeopardy).

Youtube

Youtube
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
chickadee
Regular

Re: "Weird Al" on Sirius XM 5/18/16

Post by chickadee »

Thank you so much for posting these. :great:

I don't know where you found them, but I just love it when Al does stuff like this.
It's so great to see him really concentrating on his vocalization. People that call him a talentless leech should watch these videos.

I also love seeing Steve,Jim, Ruben and Jon up close. What a treat!!!
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Oh these are amazing. I always like watching Al performing without all the crazy costumes and silliness (as much as I love all that) and just really getting into the music, because it shows off just how good they all are as musicians.

I think it's interesting to see how Al appears to be directing the performance as well as singing. He's not just gesturing randomly but the whole time is giving cues to the rest of the band. And especially in Saga, during the parts where it's just him and Rubèn, you can see how closely Rubèn is watching Al for those cues.

Also I'm slightly amused at Bermuda being segregated in "drummer jail" back there. :D
Love and peace.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I was really bummed out when they didn't play Jeopardy
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I agree that this medley seems a little lacking without Jeopardy but I can see how it would've been a logistical challenge to work in there. They could'be just left out the Don Pardo clip and performed the first verse but they may have already been dealing with time constraints. Still, nice to have a studio quality recording of this.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...