Next tour set-list?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Next tour set-list?

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

If Al ever dose another tour what will the set be like? here are my predictions.

For the Mandatory Fun songs he is playing here is what I think will stay:
Lame Claim To Fame - This one will go
Foil - This will stay
Word Crimes - Might stay full but maybe in the medley at the end.
NOW That's What I Call Polka - Go
First World Problems - Likely to go
Tacky - Will stay

As for the others:
Perform This Way - Stay
White & Nerdy - Will Stay
Canadian Idiot - Likely medley
Wanna B Ur Lovr - Stay or he might bring back One More Minute
The Saga Begins - Will stay
Amish Paradise - Will Stay or acoustic medley
Smells Like Nirvana - Will Stay
Fat - Will Stay
Dare To Be Stupid - Will ether stay or be replaced by Dog Eat Dog
Yoda - Will stay

For the medley:
Party In The C.I.A - Likely Stay
It's All About The Pentiums - Likely stay (I would love it in its full form)
Handy - Go
Bedrock Anthem - stay
Another One Rides The Bus - Probably be replaced with My Bologna
Ode To A Superhero - Stay
Gump - Likely stay (would be a good show opener)
Inactive - Go
eBay - Stay

Acoustic Medley:
Eat It - Stay
I Lost On Jeopardy - Might Stay
I Love Rocky Road - Might stay
Like A Surgeon - Stay (Would be a great time to bring it back in full form)

Here is what I think a good set would look like:
Gump
Old original (F2000ITV, YMM, YDLMA, GOD, WIWYA)
Melanie (Or other obscure love song)
First World Problems / My Own Eyes (Maybe even Callin' In Sick)
One More Minute / Wanna B Ur Lovr
Dare To Be Stupid / Dog Eat Dog
Perform This Way / It's All About The Pentiums
Fat
Foil
Medley:
Party In The C.I.A
Unreleased song (Likely Free Delivery)
Bedrock Anthem
eBay
Canadian Idiot
Pretty Fly For A Rabbi
Ode To A Superhero
Lasagna
My Bologna
Word Crimes

Amish Paradise
White & Nerdy
Acoustic Medley:
Eat It
I Lost On Jeopardy
I Love Rocky Road / Addicted To Spuds
Living With A Hernia

Tacky
Smells Like Nirvana
Like A Surgeon
Encore:
Cell Phones
The Saga Begins
Yoda

What would you set be?
chickadee
Regular

Re: Next tour set-list?

Post by chickadee »

I saw his concert last year and my absolute favorite was First World Problems!
His outfit, his hair in the wind and the song! :inlove:

I wish he'd ditch Lame Claim to Fame and put in With My Own Eyes.
I'd love it if he went back to One More Minute.
Ditch the Foil routine
and..That's What I call Polka isn't my favorite Polka Medley.
I wish he'd replace it with Polka Face.

However, I'm sure he's not going to change it because he said that this is a continuance of the Mandatory Fun tour.
But that's not stopping me from going again this summer. :accordion:
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

chickadee wrote:I saw his concert last year and my absolute favorite was First World Problems!
His outfit, his hair in the wind and the song! :inlove:

I wish he'd ditch Lame Claim to Fame and put in With My Own Eyes.
I'd love it if he went back to One More Minute.
Ditch the Foil routine
and..That's What I call Polka isn't my favorite Polka Medley.
I wish he'd replace it with Polka Face.

However, I'm sure he's not going to change it because he said that this is a continuance of the Mandatory Fun tour.
But that's not stopping me from going again this summer. :accordion:
I'm talking about a future tour not Mandatory Fun
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

By the time he gets around to doing another tour he will surely have a few new songs out that will be added to the set list, and he will probably have a new polka by that time, too.

I think he'd probably keep Word Crimes, and Tacky as an opener, or at least I hope he does because it's awesome. Possibly Foil, too, cause it's a relatively elaborate and theatrical performance. All of the staple songs will probably also stay - so White & Nerdy, Saga, Yoda, Amish Paradise, Fat, Nirvana, all the classics he really can't get away with not doing. I'm not sure about Perform This Way, but If he does he will have a new crazy costume for it. I don't think he will ever stop doing Wanna B UR Lovr, he enjoys it way too much. Other than that, any new songs he will have out (either in full or part of the medley), some oldies and one or two surprises. Personally I'd love it if he did something like Melanie or Airline Amy, they're some of my favorite songs (well, at the moment, anyway :lol: ). Or Slime Creatures From Outer Space as an oddball surprise! :lol:

As for the medley, it will probably keep Party in the CIA as well as Pentiums, and Ode to a Superhero, just because the whole shtick with the guy next to him holding the harmonica is way too funny. He'll probably have at least one other accordion based song in there, like Another One Rides The Bus or Bologna. eBay seems likely to stay, as well as Canadian Idiot to end it.

I do wonder what the tour would be named after if he's not going to have a traditional album anymore.
Love and peace.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

The acoustic medley feels like it should going to be a one tour only deal along Tacky opening the main set and CIA/Pentiums opening the medley. Of the current full length MF parodies, Foil will probably go entirely. Tacky and Word Crimes are the most likely to stay on but Tacky is more likely to go in the medley. Word Crimes could go either way at this point. It could be a full number at the end of the show but then again PTW/Word Crimes could be as good a medley opener as CIA/Pentiums was this tour. AL may bring back Spam and Theme From Rocky XII to go along with My Bologna because I feel he may revert back to the PH/Alpocalypse medley next time much like he reverted back to the SOL medley this tour. As much as I would like to see AL bring back OMM/DED I know deep down there's little chance of that happening unless AL REALLY makes his next tours geared toward the hardcore fans.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Al's said on interviews that he's love to do a Broadway musical. Well, after Lin Manuel Miranda told Katy Couric that Al's the man he'd most like to collaborate with, I'm hoping that Al's dream will come true.
If if does I imagine that he will no longer tour. He does, after all, tour to support his latest album
He's evolving and I think we should go see him now while we have the chance.
Mandatory Fun could very well be his last.
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

Al has said that he wants to tour as long as he is physically able to and to me he seems to be in pretty good shape for quite a while longer. Sure, Al could do the Broadway musical-like thing, but I can't imagine him stopping touring just because of that. Not forever. I could see him taking a little break from it for a little while, but not stopping completely. I can't imagine Al doing that at all. So, I wouldn't say Mandatory Fun will be his last tour. There will probably be a lot more to come in the future.
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Annie27 wrote:Al has said that he wants to tour as long as he is physically able to and to me he seems to be in pretty good shape for quite a while longer. Sure, Al could do the Broadway musical-like thing, but I can't imagine him stopping touring just because of that. Not forever. I could see him taking a little break from it for a little while, but not stopping completely. I can't imagine Al doing that at all. So, I wouldn't say Mandatory Fun will be his last tour. There will probably be a lot more to come in the future.
Like I said, he tours to support his newest album.
Al's the youngest member of his band and Steve Jay is of retirement age. I imagine that it would be hard for Al, on a personal level, to replace them.
Without an album to support and his band mates looking to retire, he wouldn't have the motivation.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

chickadee wrote:
Annie27 wrote:Al has said that he wants to tour as long as he is physically able to and to me he seems to be in pretty good shape for quite a while longer. Sure, Al could do the Broadway musical-like thing, but I can't imagine him stopping touring just because of that. Not forever. I could see him taking a little break from it for a little while, but not stopping completely. I can't imagine Al doing that at all. So, I wouldn't say Mandatory Fun will be his last tour. There will probably be a lot more to come in the future.
Like I said, he tours to support his newest album.
Al's the youngest member of his band and Steve Jay is of retirement age. I imagine that it would be hard for Al, on a personal level, to replace them.
Without an album to support and his band mates looking to retire, he wouldn't have the motivation.
He could sub Miles on bass but it wouldn't be the same.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

chickadee wrote: Like I said, he tours to support his newest album.
You don't know that though. True, he is the youngest of the band, but you don't know that any of them are wanting to retire. And you don't know that Al wouldn't want to go on without them. Those are some pretty big assumptions.
Love and peace.