Weird Al Concerts For Dummies XD

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Weird Emily
Occasional

Re: Weird Al Concerts For Dummies XD

Post by Weird Emily »

mellow weasel wrote:
Weird Emily wrote: just hope i dont cry when meeting him! :lol:
I bet you wouldn't be the first... Talking about that, did anyone witness how he reacts if anyone starts crying, has a panic attack or some other sort of emotional breakdown? I imagine that should be rather frequent thing for first time concert goers. I can easily imagine a situation where I say something embarassing because of stress and then start crying out of embarassment.
good to know i wont be the first! X* usally i dont say much when meeting famous people but wanna try and get the courage to talk to Al, Ive just wanted to meet him for years but never could afford to go to one of his shows, Al seems such a lovely person, and sure he understands when fans get emotional! :lol:
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

mellow weasel wrote:
Weird Emily wrote: just hope i dont cry when meeting him! :lol:
I bet you wouldn't be the first... Talking about that, did anyone witness how he reacts if anyone starts crying, has a panic attack or some other sort of emotional breakdown? I imagine that should be rather frequent thing for first time concert goers. I can easily imagine a situation where I say something embarassing because of stress and then start crying out of embarassment.
Nope, not the first. I sort of cried when I found out I was meeting him. I got to unexpectedly meet him in Verona, and when I found out that I was getting to do it, I did cry in front of JW (or Minister of Propaganda as he's better known). In front of Al, I only cried when I was just leaving, because I couldn't believe it happened! :D
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Weird Emily wrote:soo glad Al dont have opening acts, they drive me mad having to watch a random band for nearly a hour! :blink:
Most opening bands I've seen at actual rock shows have been great because usually the headlining band selects their own openers. The problem for Al was that he asked the local concert promoters to provide comedians for some reason. The most memorable (in a bad way) opener I saw of his was on the 1999 Touring With Scissors. The comedian's big joke was "Why aren't there any black characters in The Simpsons? Everyone's just yellow!" :unsure:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Jon, do you not remember the adult joke telling comedian from The Mann? I think his name was Soapy? He was terrible

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Weird Emily
Occasional

Post by Weird Emily »

TMBJon wrote:
Weird Emily wrote:soo glad Al dont have opening acts, they drive me mad having to watch a random band for nearly a hour! :blink:
Most opening bands I've seen at actual rock shows have been great because usually the headlining band selects their own openers. The problem for Al was that he asked the local concert promoters to provide comedians for some reason. The most memorable (in a bad way) opener I saw of his was on the 1999 Touring With Scissors. The comedian's big joke was "Why aren't there any black characters in The Simpsons? Everyone's just yellow!" :unsure:
Glad he no longer has supports acts! let alone aweful ones! :D
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

A lot of the comedians ended up being horrible. I remember seeing Al in Akron on the Poodle Hat Tour, and the comedian was some writer for a sitcom on CBS. He kept telling these really horrible pirate jokes. I remember at one point he encouraged everyone in the audience to hold their hands up in the shape of a hook. I'm pretty sure he got booed.
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Not only were the comedians horrible, they were often pretty crude too! There were some real doozies during the RWS tour :nuke:
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

I just wrote a mushy fan letter that I plan on giving him after the show.

Ugh... is it okay to cry at these events? :?
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

tomatochives wrote:I just wrote a mushy fan letter that I plan on giving him after the show.

Ugh... is it okay to cry at these events? :?

I imagine it's totally okay!! ;w; Don't be nervous...

Just picture the way he'll smile at you when you give him that letter... <3 Heck, even imagining his smile will relax you!

---

IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS I'm going to see that smile in front of me. For real.

FREAKING OUT, YOU GUYS. FREAKING. OUT!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

I know that there is a lot of flashing lights and video used. Is there any warnings for those that have epilepsy? A friend is going with is and it is his first show as well. Just was watching some YouTube videos and his epilepsy just dawned on me. Should there be any issue for him? Thank you!