Which Alpocalypse Song MUST NOT Stay In The Setlist?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Which do you least want to see on the next tour?

Perform This Way
22%
CNR
24%
TMZ
24%
Skipper Dan
4%
Craigslist
4%
Party In The CIA
20%

Total votes: 45

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Which Alpocalypse Song MUST NOT Stay In The Setlist?

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'd say TMZ is safest since it requires the least amount of set-up.

Party in the CIA is probably safe too, given that it's Miley. And yeah, it's not the Miley that's a complete trainwreck pop sensation that people love right now, but the connection is still there.

I'd love to say PTW, but it's hard to imagine Al having an easy time parting with those costumes (From a visual standpoint.....I'm sure from a hauling them around and actually having to wear them standpoint, they'd love it). Plus, Lady Gaga isn't even close to the center of the pop universe anymore, so there's a chance, but I'll say no.

There's no particular reason why Skipper Dan or CraigsList need to go or stay beyond making room for new songs.

It'll probably be CNR. I imagine it's tough on his vocal chords. I thought CNR was the best song when I saw Al, but I can understand that reasoning. And as much as I love it, I do see it as being expendable.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

TMZ. My least favorite of this group.
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

It would be cool if Al brought back some of the older songs on stage. He may only do a couple of songs off of his last Album.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

PTW and Party In The CIA gotta go, I would think they would be tired of doing those tracks by now. Im surprised most people voted for CNR, but that too must go. Should keep Skipper Dan and Craigslist around for one more tour but yeah, there would be too many originals in the set and we'd never get any true classic originals.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Whether people like it or not, I think PTW will be around for at least one more tour. It stirred up enough controversy, that most casual fans probably know it.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
cromulnt
Occasional

Post by cromulnt »

"Perform This Way" and "Party In The CIA" are among his most popular songs with casual fans, so I'd expect them to stay (though I wouldn't miss them much). I think he'll keep one original - I'm leaning towards "Craigslist" due to the audience participation aspect, but I wouldn't rule out "CNR". "TMZ" has the lack of setup going for it as another poster noted, but I don't feel like it's strong or popular enough to avoid getting squeezed out. I love "Skipper Dan" but I'd be very surprised if it stays since it's not as energetic or outwardly funny as the other two original options.