10/4/13 Hamburg, NY Erie County Fairgrounds

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

bellminer
Occasional

Re: 10/4/13 Hamburg, NY Erie County Fairgrounds

Post by bellminer »

Alinite27 wrote:Steve had new promo cards out on the table.
Steve has new promo cards? I realize this is an odd detail to focus on, but would you happen to have any more info? I ask because I gave Steve permission to use one of my photos "for all kinds of promo stuff" as he put it. He already put it as the main photo on stephenjay.com but it would make my day, actually it would make my year, to see it at a Weird Al concert....
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

What was the price of the bobblehead, Jeremy? Hopefully it will show up online at some point.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

I had a great time at this show. Went with my friend and her two teenage sons, who, as it turns out, were the perfect people to take. Felt like I was seeing the concert through their eyes (they all loved Al and this was their first concert).

Was wandering around checking out the room and spotted Jeremy, who informed me that they were selling the bobble heads at the merch table... I was thrilled, as I hadn’t even realized! Made a beeline back there and waited in line for mine. Kevbo1987, they are selling for $25.

During the audience participation (audience singing) part of Yoda, Al yelled out, “And now just the Canadians!” Being Canadian, my crew and I sang at the top of our lungs!! Could this be the first time he’s ever said that line? It was the first time I’ve heard of it.

Another thing I noticed is that in Canadian Idiot, I could have sworn Al said “twist their nose and they’ll just say sorry" (instead of “break” their nose). Not sure if that’s a regular live thing either, or if it's the first time he's ever said it, but loved the twist on the lyrics! Al can twist my nose and I’ll say that I'm sorry. But ONLY him. :P

Bellminer, I picked up one of Steve's promo cards from the merch table. I just checked and the pic on the promo card I have is not the same pic used on the main page of Steve's website, nor did I find it anywhere else on the site (including the gallery).

I did not even know if I was going to be able to attend this concert. It was relatively last minute, so I felt such gratitude when it came through and so appreciative of Al and the band and all the behind-the-scenes people for the wonderful atmosphere they create at a show like this. Seeing it with a group of first-timers, I had more of an appreciation for the pacing, the balance, the structure, and the fine details of the show (all aspects) compared to other times when maybe I was more focused on myself and wondering whether Al would come down my aisle during WBUL, which song was coming up next, which pictures I would get, etc. This time, I sat back with confidence knowing that Al, the band, and the crew had the reigns and that it was going to be an awesome show and I was just a bit more removed from it in some way that gave me a more "appreciative" perspective. At the risk of sounding sappy, I honestly consider it a gift that I was able to go to this show.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
bellminer
Occasional

Post by bellminer »

I figured it was a long shot, thanks for checking. :) Glad it was such an awesome show for you guys!