06/08/13 Keene NH Colonial Theater

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Ali(son)
Occasional
Location: The shadows of Mt. Monadnock where NH meets VT and MA

Re: 06/08/13 Keene NH Colonial Theater

Post by Ali(son) »

the Dingo wrote:Fantastic time!
I could not agree with you more!

I had so much fun and I didn't even have to hop on a plane, train or bus for this one!

Sorry I didn't get to see you at your second show Dingo. But I am happy I got to meet you in Concord.

Tonight my family squeaked in just before the show started.

Al FINALLY comes to my hometown and you know it has to be a whirlwind weekend.

Drove north to catch the show in Lebanon on Friday. Partied a wee bit too much after :blink: so I had a slow start to Saturday.

Drove my family crazy as I scrambled to make some awesome tee shirts for my family to wear to WELCOME the band TO KEENE.

Finished just in time to head to The Colonial and get to our seats before the show started. I've had front row seats before but these were really close as they added a few rows to the front for this show.

I got my first lap dance from Al (by the way, Brad Garrett is right about Al!) and we all totally enjoyed the entire show!

Got to speak with Steve (he's always so kind) and had a quick meet and greet with Al.

Went home and swam in my pool (despite NH's bizarre weather that dropped the water temperature by 20 degrees this week!)

Now its 3:30am and I just finished decorating a cake for my niece's graduation from Dartmouth at (the obscene hour of) 9am today!

I am totally a night owl from my 30 + years working 7pm-7am in the ER so I am totally awake now but morning for me means bedtime and I'll be back on the road heading up to Lebanon/Hanover in just 4 hours! Seriously- what idiot schedules a 9am graduation??

Guess I'll take Uma's advice and go with the coffee! :oo

I had a great time at Keene's show tonight and it seemed like I was not alone! I overheard some of The Colonial Theater staff speaking about the audience raving about the show! I do hope this means Keene will get a repeat visit!

~Alison :good:
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

This was my first, and the show was really fantastic!

I also heard about the rave reviews, and I think we might see Al back here!

I like how Al jersey turnpiked that lady during WBUL that was in the 12th or 13th row

After the show, I waited by the buses, and chatted with some other people in line.

When I got to the front of the line, my heart rate was through the roof. I had never ever met one of my heroes before, and I got to meet him after my first show.

it was unbelievable. if anyone would like to hear my encounter with Al, I'd love to share!
conk or bepis
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Part of the fun of the night (Though I'll never tell her because it sounds corny :P ) was just watching my niece's reactions to watching the show.

She got WBULed! And an amazing photo from it!

You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Wow.. fantastic photo! .. Did she get to touch the hair?
Last edited by ludovica64 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

alemilix wrote: if anyone would like to hear my encounter with Al, I'd love to share!
Yes!! That is the point of this forum!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

ludovica64 wrote:Wow.. fantastic photo! .. Did she get to touch the hair?
Yes...among other things :blink: ;blink:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

TMBJon wrote:
alemilix wrote: if anyone would like to hear my encounter with Al, I'd love to share!
Yes!! That is the point of this forum!!
(this might be really long so im apologizing in advance??)
oops, kinda forgot about that! still really haven't recovered.

as expected, I waited an hour or so after the show had ended by the bus, and I was talking to other fans in line.

as I was chilling by the bus being all cool and stuff and then when I got to the FRONT of the line, I actually believe that I was very close to fainting because my heart rate was jumping everywhere. I walked up to the door of the bus and then Al goes "Alexis??" Before I could even take a breath. "What are you doing here?" He said.

I looked to him in absolute shock, not even realizing he KNEW my name. "What are YOU doing here?" I said back to him (That went on probably four times).

THEN HE LEANED OVER AND GAVE ME A HUG FIRST LIKE I DIDN'T EVEN ASK AND OF COURSE I ACCEPTED THE HUG GRACIOUSLY AND HIS HAIR SMELT LIKE UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS (it's also very soft and fantastic)

Al: "How are you?"
Me: "I'm good!"

*has the weird al book open to the page with Al and Suzanne*

Al: *points to it, wants me to give it to him to sign*

Me: *as Al looks at the picture* "it's my favorite."

Al: *hE SMILES AT THE FACT THAT ITS MY FAVORITE PICTURE??¿*

*Hands it back*

Me: "When you said my name, I was like, "did I do something wrong?? Am I in trouble??" (that's my immediate reaction is that I'm in trouble)

Al: *giggles* "it was really good seeing you!"

I hugged him this time because why the heck not hugs are pretty great

Me: "you too, Al!" *shakes hand* "thank you!"

My dad was right behind me, and he had this beard that made him look really Amish, but he's been called several other things like a keebler elf or the gordon's fisherman

My dad also spoke with Al saying it was a really great show (which it most definitely was) and after my dad caught up to me, I stuck my head around the corner of the bus door and looked at him, and asked; "does my dad look like a Keebler Elf or the Gordon's Fisherman?"

and Al said: "A little bit of both."

then I ran off (im thinking security gave me a really weird look when i stuck my head back around the bus door)

My father (who is also Al) told me afterwards that he said to Al that he had made his daughter's (my) night (which he very much did).
told me Al said "who, Alexis?" and my dad said "yes", Al then told my dad that "She (me) is a great kid." and that he recognized me from twitter because he had seen my tweets and how he was surprised we drove 3 hours from the Cape to see him.

It was so totally worth it.

and if he comes back around here in the fall, I told my best friend austin (he is also a fan but not on the forum) that I'm taking him to see Al, and my friend Mia (she lives in NY and we plan on meeting up this summer) wants to come with us.

Needless to say, it was a night I'll never forget, and hopefully I'll get to meet him again.

Only time (and the tour schedule!) will tell.
conk or bepis
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

this might be really long so im apologizing in advance??)
oops, kinda forgot about that! still really haven't recovered.

as expected, I waited an hour or so after the show had ended by the bus, and I was talking to other fans in line.

as I was chilling by the bus being all cool and stuff and then when I got to the FRONT of the line, I actually believe that I was very close to fainting because my heart rate was jumping everywhere. I walked up to the door of the bus and then Al goes "Alexis??" Before I could even take a breath. "What are you doing here?" He said.

I looked to him in absolute shock, not even realizing he KNEW my name. "What are YOU doing here?" I said back to him (That went on probably four times).

THEN HE LEANED OVER AND GAVE ME A HUG FIRST LIKE I DIDN'T EVEN ASK AND OF COURSE I ACCEPTED THE HUG GRACIOUSLY AND HIS HAIR SMELT LIKE UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS (it's also very soft and fantastic)

Al: "How are you?"
Me: "I'm good!"

*has the weird al book open to the page with Al and Suzanne*

Al: *points to it, wants me to give it to him to sign*

Me: *as Al looks at the picture* "it's my favorite."

Al: *hE SMILES AT THE FACT THAT ITS MY FAVORITE PICTURE??¿*

*Hands it back*

Me: "When you said my name, I was like, "did I do something wrong?? Am I in trouble??" (that's my immediate reaction is that I'm in trouble)

Al: *giggles* "it was really good seeing you!"

I hugged him this time because why the heck not hugs are pretty great

Me: "you too, Al!" *shakes hand* "thank you!"

My dad was right behind me, and he had this beard that made him look really Amish, but he's been called several other things like a keebler elf or the gordon's fisherman

My dad also spoke with Al saying it was a really great show (which it most definitely was) and after my dad caught up to me, I stuck my head around the corner of the bus door and looked at him, and asked; "does my dad look like a Keebler Elf or the Gordon's Fisherman?"

and Al said: "A little bit of both."

then I ran off (im thinking security gave me a really weird look when i stuck my head back around the bus door)

My father (who is also Al) told me afterwards that he said to Al that he had made his daughter's (my) night (which he very much did).
told me Al said "who, Alexis?" and my dad said "yes", Al then told my dad that "She (me) is a great kid." and that he recognized me from twitter because he had seen my tweets and how he was surprised we drove 3 hours from the Cape to see him.

It was so totally worth it.

and if he comes back around here in the fall, I told my best friend austin (he is also a fan but not on the forum) that I'm taking him to see Al, and my friend Mia (she lives in NY and we plan on meeting up this summer) wants to come with us.

Needless to say, it was a night I'll never forget, and hopefully I'll get to meet him again.

Only time (and the tour schedule!) will tell.
(

wow that's so exciting. I am going to meet him on the 27th for his book tour stop in Cincinnati. Probably exactly how I will be. I get more and more excited every day!! :ttr:
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

There really is nothing to beat that knowing that the person you came all that way to see actually bothered to remember who's publicly said they were coming to the show, checking out who they are and what they look like. The very first time I met Al, he nodded right at me from the stage, came down the steps, walked over and climbed all over me. Just in those few seconds he left me in absolutely no doubt he knew exactly who I was & where I had come from, as he proved after the show. That was the most awesome feeling in the world and I will have that always. Too often in life we get to feel invisible and unimportant. Al knows exactly how to make people feel special. He is the best :)
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

ludovica64 wrote:There really is nothing to beat that knowing that the person you came all that way to see actually bothered to remember who's publicly said they were coming to the show, checking out who they are and what they look like. The very first time I met Al, he nodded right at me from the stage, came down the steps, walked over and climbed all over me. Just in those few seconds he left me in absolutely no doubt he knew exactly who I was & where I had come from, as he proved after the show. That was the most awesome feeling in the world and I will have that always. Too often in life we get to feel invisible and unimportant. Al knows exactly how to make people feel special. He is the best :)
that's very true! He does know who to make people feel very special.
conk or bepis