Ticket Scalpers

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Ticket Scalpers

Post by Caroleg »

I just saw the ticket scalpers on Ebay for some of Al's concerts. Gee, take away all the fun of hitting "redial" on the telephone to try to connect with Ticketmaster. Now you can just pay double and get front row.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

If the scalpers don't sell those tickets, they don't really care - they've made a profit elsewhere. What's truly unfortunate is that the tickets go unused and the seats remain empty, but they're no longer available to the fans because techically, the seats have been sold already.

When you see groups of 2 or 4 good seats that are empty throughout the show, that's most likely what happened.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

That explains the unused WAY ticket that was on ebay a while back. Scalper trying to recoup a buck or 27.

That also says a lot for Al's fans that those seats would remain unused.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

When you see groups of 2 or 4 good seats that are empty throughout the show, that's most likely what happened.

Well, that sucks.......I'd go sit there when nobody was looking....
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

I just may try and sit my big seat there...If you see a fan getting thrown out by security...It's probably me. :yell:

cid
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I've upgraded myself at an Al concert once. The 2nd show in Morristown, NJ -- there were lots of empty seats. But, I think it was more about season ticket holders that didn't show up than it was about scalpers. I was able to move from 12th row center to 6th row aisle. I have no regrets -- the better seats should have people in 'em.

El
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I'd rather get my tickets legally and straight from the venue. I never like the scalpers, charge way too much.

-CindyBob
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

What I want to know is how the scalpers do it? I mean with all of us fans in line, on-line and on the phone how do they get the first and second row tickets??? Take for instance the up-coming SLO Town show. The box office opened at 10:00. I got through on the phone at 9:56, and I am still in the 3rd row. How does this happen?

Cid
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I think the scalpers have inside help, I guess.

-CindyBob
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

That's what I was thinking...but how could that be in SO Many different city/states. Are there really thast many dishonest people in the world?

Cid - Reeling from a dose of reality.