Westbury NY 7/22 and 7/23

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi there, I'm more of a lurker here -

I was there tonight, had a great time at the show. My friend and I were coming from Manhattan (Cheap Trick was doing an in-store!), so we got to the Music Fair about 5 minutes before AL hit the stage.

Even though I'm going tomorrow (solo) also, I'm glad I didn't miss anything tonight! We were with my fiancee and her brother as well and they'd never seen AL before - they had a good time!

The spinning stage has it's advantages and disadvantages. Like Jigawatt posted, it was great seeing Bermuda and even Ruben at work in this setting! One thing that annoyed me slightly - during the Yoda, the stage suddenly stopped turning - so I didn't really have the best view of the "Yoda Chant". Then again, the spinning stage may distract them during that - which would make sense.

Before tonight, I hadn't seen AL's setlist for this tour (I didn't wanna spoil it!) so I had no idea what he'd be doing. Of course I had ideas (from seeing him on other tours), but who knows! I was kinda bummed that "DTBS" was omitted, but it was awesome seeing "Dog Eat Dog", even though I was blinded at times by the spotlight! I loved the medley since there were a few I hadn't seen him do live (Theme from Rocky 13, Lasagna). I was also shocked that the "Bedrock Anthem" is no longer in the set. I always thought it was a standard. But when new albums come out, changes gotta be made!

Anyways, I'm tired and I gotta wake up for work in 5 hours! And of course after work - back to Westbury....woo hoo!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

the rotisserie that is the Westbury stage...

Can someone clarify this for me? The stage turns constantly, audience surrounds the stage?

How does Al not get killed doing his spins and jumps and stuff?

Man, I'd love to have a better view of Jon at work. Not to mention the view that Jon has while he works. :inlove:
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

I just posted a few pics from tonight's show on my site, if anyone wants to check them out. They came out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. :)

http://www.geocities.com/remmy327/westb ... 72203.html

-Katelyn
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Wow, great pictures. I love the one with you and Al. He does look a little tired.

Thanks for sharing!
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

the rotisserie that is the Westbury stage...
Can someone clarify this for me? The stage turns constantly, audience surrounds the stage?

How does Al not get killed doing his spins and jumps and stuff?

Man, I'd love to have a better view of Jon at work. Not to mention the view that Jon has while he works. :inlove:

You have the right idea, yeah. Sometimes it spins faster, sometimes slower, and sometimes it changes directions... poor guys never seem to know which way to walk off the stage for costume changes at the end of each song. It definitely makes for a different experience.

Something else I noticed at last night's show--for all you Al Gals, it seems that Al touches himself during WBUL just a little more with each passing show... do with that what you will. :)

Adrian
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Very nice pictures and that's a sweet one of you and Al!

-CindyBob
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Nice pics, Katelyn.

That's the first Trash Day picture I've seen where it actually came out red instead of pink!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Wow, nice pics, Katelyn. The pic of you and Al is very cute! Thanks for sharing!

Patti

29 days. yeah
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

GAH, it's that orange shirt AGAIN. I know Al has more Hawaiian shirts than that one, but he's been wearing it in every good concert pic I've seen -- SLO, Poughkeepsie, Albany, Westbury. I know the parody costumes can't change, but the Hawaiian shirts for the opening set can. It's one of the few things that can change from one show to the next.
Crazy_Mennonite

Post by Crazy_Mennonite »

I left after Fat. Was the show over? Or did I miss much? It was a great show! Al really outdid himself.
"We're all crazy Mennonites, livin' in an Amish Paradise. There's no cops or traffic lights, livin' in an Amish Paradise! And you'd probably think it bites livin' in an Amish Paradise!"