07/29/10 Denver CO, Paramount Theater

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

fred27
Obsessed

Re: 07/29/10 Denver CO, Paramount Theater

Post by fred27 »

just got home, took my friend Bev with last night and her daughter in-law, Bev back in the 60's use to photograph rock stars and she photographed Morrison, i was gonna show her the video but she said she would rather hear it live, though i didnt tell her what artist, when Al came out in the dark i said, ok this is the song, u have to tell me what u think, at 1st she didnt regonize the costume, or song up until when he leans on the mic like hes fallin asleep, and then she burst out laffin, and after it was over i said well, and said that Al nailed it, and after she told him what she use to do and how he was right on, i think he was impressed that she knew Morrison, and that he got the impression dead on, photos to follow soon
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fred27/set ... 499451761/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

great photos, but then they always are. I never bother trying to take photos with my little phd camera when I can look at such wonderful ones taken by someone else.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

I was wondering, was there a meet and greet type thing at this show available to everybody afterwards? I wanted to stick around and find out myself, but my friend apparently couldn't wait ten minutes and thus we left. I wanted to know if there was in fact the opportunity to meet Al so I know if I should be even angrier at my friend. Thanks!
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

no idea, there wasnt alot so there could of been, i didnt drive so the lot we were in closed soon after and i didnt want her to get stuck, plus she had a long drive after
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Yes, there was a meet and greet after the show (if you had actually read John's post on the last page at all.....) It was a bit tricky to find, you had to go around the side past the Paramount Restaurant and into an alley, then into the parking lot, but lo-and-behold, the tour buses were out back and Al was sitting on the bottom stairs of the bus signing autographs and getting pictures. I didn't really have time to stick around after, I had to meet up with some family to go to another performance that night at a local club, but it was still fun.

Fred, it looks like you were sitting just a tad off to the right and back a row or two from where JD, Emma, and I were near. But great photos, thanks for sharing them. I got some great shots with my DSLR, but I don't plan on posting them, just going to print them out for my scrapbook.

And John, it was great to see Emma and you last night. It actually caught me off guard when I found out that our seats were so close together, and you've grown a beard since the last time I saw you too, so I didn't catch you right off the bat..Sorry I couldn't get any pictures with you guys, though, while you and Em were at your seats before the show, I was up at the concession stand, and like I said earlier, after the show, I had to run off to go to another engagement. But again, still had a fun time meeting you guys!
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

It was nice seeing you again too last night, Jake. When do you plan on heading back up to Big Island, or are you here for good?

Ah, and about the beard thing......shaved it off this morning! Lol...
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Actually JD, I just got a job offer up here in Denver Metro with Echo Star to do IT Computer management and repair, so assuming they keep to their word and I can get myself situated a bit here, it looks like I'll be up here for good. Maybe I'll see you around sometime.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

That's so weird that you guys both moved from Hawaii to Colorado at the same time!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

so i was wonderin if the couples that dressed the same along with hats was anyone