7/21/13 Boulder, CO Boulder Theater

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

OneWAY
Obsessed

Re: 7/21/13 Boulder, CO Boulder Theater

Post by OneWAY »

Nice reviews! Can't wait to get my dose of the show again.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

MissyMoo38 wrote:TL;DR
Not at all! I read the entire thing! One of the best reviews ever because it was so personal. Given how every show is more or less the same, this is exactly what we need more of! I don't care what coffee shop was mentioned as much as I care about your own experience at the event.

I'm so happy that you had such a great experience, Alicia. As you said, just realizing that Al knows exactly who you are and even does subtle nods to you (or in your case, perhaps less subtle) is really reward itself. And I am sure in the not too distant future you will have the chance to get that white whale photo with you and Al.

Loving all of the great reviews lately. Even Killingsworth's!
So much for the entire forum shutting down because one guy left! :lol:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Awwww, thanks Jon. ^_^ I'm usually wary to post reviews of the shows because I know I'll get into all the personal stuff, but this time it felt like it was okay to do that because of ALL OF THE THINGS. xD

I'm back home now and I'm still geeking out about it. (: Can't wait for the next one, even though I feel like I've been super spoiled by this show now.

TMBJon wrote:in the not too distant future
(I just started singing the MST3K theme song)
Last edited by yankochick38 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I loved that review. I could almost feel how much fun you had, and I couldn't help but smile.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Oh, there was this cute little thing I saw happen after the show had ended. It doesn't really have to do much with Al himself but I thought it was cute.

This adorable, geeky-looking little boy with glasses "found" one of Jim's guitar picks (pics? aaaaaa) laying on the stage, and there was a techie packing up Jim's stuff. The boy kept trying to tell the techies that "you dropped this!" Eventually, the guy who was packing up the stuff in Jim's area acknowledged the boy when he told him that he dropped it, and asked "I dropped it?" in a talking-to-a-little-kid kind of way, took it from his forever stretched-out arm, looked it over, gave it back to the boy and said "Well, it's yours now."

I wish I had been filming that from multiple angles because that kid is about to montage into a world-famous guitar player.

(Also, this concert was my graduation gift. WAAAAAAAYYYYY less boring than ACTUAL graduation.)
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

MissyMoo38 wrote:I wish I had been filming that from multiple angles because that kid is about to montage into a world-famous guitar player.
Ha, I would see that movie.
(Also, this concert was my graduation gift.)
Congratz! Image
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:Loving all of the great reviews lately. Even Killingsworth's!
So much for the entire forum shutting down because one guy left! :lol:
Thanks, Jon. I'm glad at least someone else read mine, too.
You guys can definitely expect more of those types of reviews from me whenever Al does another show in the Denver/Boulder area.
I can't say I have the money and travel wherewithal to chase Al's tours across the country, just the good sense to wait until he does a show in my state.

I enjoyed your review as well, Alicia and I'm glad you decided to write one after all. Sorry mine wasn't as personal as yours, but as one of Al's male heterosexual fans I had a far less up close and personal experience than you did. That's why my review was more detail oriented and less intensely personal. I did have a whole lotta fun and enjoyed the show as much as I could even if it didn't come across as strongly in my review.

I was a couple of rows back from the front so I felt it appropriate to sing along to literally everything. In fact, I was even encouraged to do so. I probably couldn't stop myself even if I tried. I do think Al glanced at me during Polka Face as well.

I didn't get a chance to smell the "fields of reefer". Since it is Boulder, I shouldn't be surprised because it is Boulder after all. I am surprised anyway because it was a Weird Al concert. Therefore, I had no idea that that's what the "real rock show" comment referred to but I do know it was after TMZ because it was part of his drum solo intro.

Also, when you're up close it's funny to see Al's facial expressions as he walks onstage for each song because you can tell he's trying to stay "in character" for the performance. It's also so vastly different from his meet and greets afterwards where you get a chance to talk to Al one on one as himself. He was all friendly smiles and handshakes when I met him (despite what the picture may lead some to believe).
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

MissyMoo38 wrote:Anyway I was too chicken to do it.
I get it cuz u hav chiken on your head
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

RyanHippFTW wrote:
MissyMoo38 wrote:Anyway I was too chicken to do it.
I get it cuz u hav chiken on your head
Actually yeah, that's exactly what I was going for. xD tank u ryna <3
-Alicia
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Alicia, that was a wonderful review! Took me back to my drooly days. ;) Such excitement!

Cheers, Diva
Ah, sweet youth, where have you gone?