Zygot Joke Line- Dr. Death, mid 1970s

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Zygot Joke Line- Dr. Death, mid 1970s

Post by Eyeball Chair »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJmPn05OeY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently in the mid 1970s, there was some joke line in California, and I guess Al and his friend Mike Solton (Who did backing vocals on Cheerios, Apple Jacks, Cheerios) did this odd joke about fast food. Al sings a catchy melody at the end, playing on Burger King's "Have it your way" slogan. I've never seen this anywhere, I decided to look up Mike Solton and this is what I found.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Zygot Joke Line- Dr. Death, mid 1970s

Post by minnick27 »

Id love to hear it without Gotta Boogie playing over the talking part
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

minnick27 wrote:Id love to hear it without Gotta Boogie playing over the talking part
Yeah, haha. I forgot to mention that "Gotta Boogie" is playing in the background for some reason...

But hey, it's not as mean as when someone uploaded a rare Eminem song that had never been fully released except a 10 second snippet, and the uploader looped a kind of loud voice sample from a song over it.

Boy I was pissed that day...
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Wow, neat find!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

The man who posted the video is most likely Mike Solton. I know this because he is working on a movie called "Lost In Buenos Aires" , which is the username.

Also, this is dated 1975, which means this is currently the OLDEST RECORDING OF AL SINGING WITH HIS ACCORDION!
ferdinand
Occasional

Post by ferdinand »

Yay.
No one in the world ever gets what they want and the truth is we don't know anything.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

I wonder if Al and Mike ever made any more calls to the Zygot Joke line? It would be cool to find out. But still, this audio is from 1975, I never thought we'd find anything earlier than Belvedere Cruising.
mikelaoc

Post by mikelaoc »

Hi There Al Fans...

Due to popular demand, I posted the Zygot joke line skit without Gotta Boogie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GjzHAkQnmc&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Al and I did many Zygot Joke line skits. He and I wrote the skits and Al played accordion. Al recorded some of his first songs on cassette tapes at my house that he sent to Dr. Demento. Al and I went to Lynwood High School together and then in 11th grade I moved to Downey, Ca. We are still great friends... I will try and upload some more skits soon.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Thanks for uploading that! It was fun to listen to. ^_^
mikelaoc

Post by mikelaoc »

Another Zygot skit with Pre "Weird Al" for your enjoyment... "Zyg Callers"- a Parody of "Short People" by Randy Newman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgCmIqYB ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;