Hit Me With A Rock

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

HappyGilmore @ May 7 2007, 09:59 PM wrote: How would one hear these unreleased songs outside of actually attending a concert? Al never really seems to hit my city, yet hits cities where I have to drive like an hour or more to go. And seeing as nobody I know wants to go to an AL concert, I'm guessing there's no actual recordings?
Well, to be accurate, Al doesn't perform most of the rare songs we discuss around here anymore. Actually, I'm pretty sure Al has never performed "Hit Me With A Rock", aside from when he recorded it.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

HappyGilmore @ May 7 2007, 07:24 PM wrote: Okay, what's that?

I haven't been here in a while.
It's a collection of a bunch of old rarities and demos that TheLazenby is giving out.
And Peggy
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

scottidog @ Apr 27 2007, 09:16 PM wrote: The thinking (at least for me) is that the unreleased stuff is unreleased for a reason.  Usually that Al doesn't have permission for them.  And yes, yes.  We all know he doesn't NEED permission for a parody, but that's just the way he's chosen to do business, so we should respect that.
And WHiZZi also made it very clear in his first post ever, that "this forum is not intended to share your Weird Al MP3 collection or any other illegal stuph", and hasn't changed his mind since, so the least you could do is respect the guy who brought this Forum to life. I think the "no bootleg" rule is part of the reason Al and Bermuda and the guys in the band unofficially support the Forum so much. There are plenty of other places online to trade rarities or bootlegs. Let's not do it here, please.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Wait a minute...
If I can't send people the rare songs that they're looking for, how come people are distributing GFB?
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

27-77 @ Mar 9 2008, 06:22 PM wrote: Wait a minute...
If I can't send people the rare songs that they're looking for, how come people are distributing GFB?
You'd have to ask Philo, since he knows all of the secrets of the universe.

...back on topic:

I love this song. It's got a great beat, but I didn't know it was a parody of a Paul Simon song until I did more research on it.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

27-77 @ Mar 9 2008, 06:22 PM wrote: Wait a minute...
That's precisely what I'd like to know. I don't remember Bermuda giving out permission.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
WeirdAlsBestFriend
Obsessed

Post by WeirdAlsBestFriend »

Could this song by any chance be a parody of "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benetar?
Jeffrey Dahmer rules!
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

WeirdAlsBestFriend @ Mar 9 2008, 10:04 PM wrote: Could this song by any chance be a parody of "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benetar?
No, it's a parody of "Loves Me Like A Rock" by Paul Simon.
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

I got permission from the mods right at the beginning to distribute GfB (and SOL Naked) via PM's.

As for Bermuda, I've brought up the topic to him... he doesn't know what GfB is, and probably could care less. I mean, Al explicitly said that he didn't mind the fans trading around his early demos and stuff, and 95% of the material on there has been bootlegged to the nth degree, so it doesn't matter.

I even think barring links to stuff like "Belvedere Cruising" in the forum is going against Al's word a little bit, because like I said, he even stated that he doesn't care.
Steve's mixes, lookie!
Lousy Haircut - complete!! http://www.mediafire.com/?xyimjmdjkml
Black Gold vs Santa! http://www.mediafire.com/?zztmgltz2ym
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

What about concert-only songs that are retired like "Avocado" or "Laundry Day"?