I'm In Luv Wit Da Skipper

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I really loved the song when I heard it on Thursday. The video clips were hilarious!
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Grom @ Mar 25 2007, 12:06 AM wrote: Parody of "I'm In Love With A Stripper" by T Pain.

Lyrics:

EDIT: I'm a little unsure about the line "Sure he's grumpy but I'll never forget him". Also, I don't know what the background singers are singing after the "red-head Ginger" part (hence the ??? in brackets).
I am pretty sure this line referenced the Skipper's real character name "Jonas Grumby"
<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

TheLazenby @ Apr 3 2007, 12:05 AM wrote: Kind of like "Toothless People"...
Ruthless People was never a big hit, but it was hardly obscure.
WeirdAlsBestFriend
Obsessed

Post by WeirdAlsBestFriend »

Grom @ Mar 25 2007, 08:06 AM wrote: EDIT: I'm a little unsure about the line "Sure he's grumpy but I'll never forget him". Also, I don't know what the background singers are singing after the "red-head Ginger" part (hence the ??? in brackets).
the band goes like this "ooooh ooooooooh"
Jeffrey Dahmer rules!
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I gotta say, I've never heard the original version, except for what a co-worker used to sing.

I'd like to hear Al's, if only cause I like Gilligan's Island. But why didn't he record it?
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Im not sure of Al's reasons, but I know that the verse he sings in concert really works so much better with the visuals. They dont come over too well on a cd.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

If it's more of a visual song where a video is needed, then I guess I see the reason to not record it.

Just cant' get to a show this year.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I finally heard this song on Saturday. Combined with the visuals I found it absolutely hilarious. I have a question though. I've never watched Gilligan's Island, but my wife said she's seen every episode and they never even joked about the Skipper and Gilligan being gay in the show. I find that hard to believe after seeing those clips! So was there originally any innuendo intended, or is it completely taken out of context?
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

It's all completely out of context. Gilligan and the Skipper never had "something special between them" in the show.
And Peggy
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

Also, at the time the show was on the air, tv shows barely dealt with straight relationships and gay relationships or even the hint of one was strictly off limits. Just 10 years or so before "Gilligan's Island", they couldn't use the word "pregnant" to describe Lucy's "condition" on "I Love Lucy" and married couples on TV didn't even share the same bed.

I've seen this in concert twice now and I really loved it! It definitely works better with the visuals. I wonder how many hours of "Gilligan's Island" Al watched to get the footage?
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"