I'm In Luv Wit Da Skipper

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

JEDM @ June 04, 2009 02:19 am wrote: You haven't checked Youtube? I'm positive that it's there. (It's a bootleg, but you'd still get to hear it.)
I was gonna, but figured the sound would be all off, cause people would've recorded it at concerts, etc. Just felt wrong.

Heck, most of the unreleased stuff I haven't heard. I'm in no big rush to hear it, but it leaves me unable to join half the discussions around here, cause everyone's heard them.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

actually, if my memory serves, there is a pretty darn high quality Skipper recording... Not that I'd know :ph34r:
Oh snap!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

There are actually surprisingly high quality videos of just about every concert performance you could want on youtube.

Of course, I would NEVER actually watch an illegally bootlegged video or recommend watching it to anyone else. :stern:

:F
You gotta keep em' seperated
Die-hard Fan

Post by You gotta keep em' seperated »

I love this song, i think it is a clever idea for a parody. but im glad AL choose it for a concert only song. its works better that way. tahts my opinion
I saw a face.
did it have a nose?
yes.
That DOES sound like a face!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The day SOL came out, I asked Al why T-Pain and Nickelback were thanked in the liner notes. He explained that Nickelback was going to be in the polka and he had written a T-Pain parody, neither of which worked out but he figured hey they gave him permission so he might as well thank them anyway.

The T-Pain parody obviously became this song. Presumably he had considered doing a full-length version but it never really came to fruition. Some concert-only songs started out this way -- an idea that never really worked as a full parody -- while others (Take The L Out Of Liver) were obviously always intended to be short bits. It would be nice to know definitively which concert only songs Al had originally tried to craft into full length songs, and which were always just short snippets.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.