You're Pitiful

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I'm sure James Blunt's manager and label (I still think probably not JB himself, that e-mail to Al sounded like Mr. Mgr trying to pre-empt Blunt being approached) are proud of their decision to deny Al permission to release You're Pitiful. How else could they have reaped so much really unflattering coverage of their boy?
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

James who???

Might be time to update our trash can name to a more (less?) worthy recipient. :F

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

They seem to be pretty proud of it...

Joke's on them though, not only did they receive so much negative coverage for it, but Al's replacement parody ended up being bigger than You're Pitiful ever could.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

It's great that Blunt's rejection of YP is getting coverage. I always respected him because I figured it was the people at Atlantic Records who had the humor problem. Apparently, he's humorless right along with them.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
L285
Die-hard Fan

Post by L285 »

I think they had a viable reason, they didn't want him to be a one-hit wonder
Thankfully, he was a two-hit wonder

(By the way, the above post is a joke)
“Since you left home on your journey, things have changed around here. For example, I don’t have as much laundry.”
American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

1. There still isn't any concrete proof James himself is denying this. I wouldn't put it past a manager to put words in their clients' mouth.

2. Just because James Blunt hasn't had another run away hit in the US doesn't mean he hasn't been successfull. His last album All the Lost Sould was a top ten album here and hit number one on 18 diferent charts around the world. Plus, it featured two top 40 hits in the UK. It's disappointing the pardoy isn't going to be released but bashing James Blunt isn't going to make any difference.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
L285
Die-hard Fan

Post by L285 »

You're Beautiful & Goodbye my Lover are all I've heard of him and I live in the UK
“Since you left home on your journey, things have changed around here. For example, I don’t have as much laundry.”
American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

L285 @ July 24, 2009 02:55 pm wrote: You're Beautiful & Goodbye my Lover are all I've heard of him and I live in the UK
Hannah Montana is incredibly popular here and I've never heard one of her songs. There's a lot of popular music that people don't know about. I mean, just because a person only knew about Eat It wouldn't make it right for them to clain Al wasn't popular when it can be argued that isn't the case.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
L285
Die-hard Fan

Post by L285 »

EDIT: Never Mind
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I did a Google News search, and there have been articles on Blunt's refusal to let You're Pitiful go on the Essentials on websites in Spain, Italy, Poland, Hungary and Kazakhstan. I sure hope JB believes that thing about "no such thing as bad publicity" because he's sure been getting it all over the world. On the plus side, way to provide an opportunity for Kazakhstan to find out a little about who Al is!
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.