I Need A Nap

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I just heard this...

It was really good! Al was great on this song, and it was funny. Al and Kate's voices sounded great together.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

"I Need a Nap" is now on iTunes!

ETA: This is the first time I've ever heard the song. Kate Winslet has a surprisingly good voice, and Al's vocals are pretty strong. But the song is really repetitive and even the jokes at the end about how the song is going on too long don't enhance it, they just make it more grating.

Still, a must for Al completists.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

I bought the CD several months ago, gave it a listen and thought it was very cute.
However, since I'm past the age of the target audience after a few listens I gave the CD to one of my friends who has small grandchildren and is a casual Al fan. She enjoyed the song, too, and we usually start singing "I Need A Nap" a few times a week, usually in mid-afternoon.
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
meelWORM

Post by meelWORM »

Just a heads up for those of you who haven't picked Dog Train up yet. It is currently available at Kohls for only $5.00, as part of the 'Kohls Cares for Kids' Charity line. Also available are two other Boyton books, and four different plush animals from the books, including the dog from Dog Train, all $5.00 each.
plop! plop! fizz! fizz! oh, what a relief it is!
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Really? I live like, three blocks from Kohl's. Maybe I will pick it up.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I would recommend just buying the song on iTunes for 99 cents. The rest of the album isn't very good, unless you have children, in which case they might enjoy it.

Al's song is great on that album, though. And the up side to getting the whole package is that it comes with lyrics, notes, and a bio of Al. definitely check it out!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, there is one other song on the album that hits home with me, and that is Evermore. Beautiful. I gave my Dog Train book/cd away to a local elementary school, so now it's in their library. I figured the kids would enjoy it more than I would, since I bought it just to hear Al and Kate's song. I thought I had saved the songs onto my computer, but they won't play now. :( I might just get I Need a Nap and Evermore off iTunes.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I had heard about this song, but was in no hurry to buy it. There are ALbums I don’t even have yet, so one song Al didn’t even write and only sings half of wasn’t a big priority for me.

Then I realized it was Sandra Boynton! My kids love her books – we have Doggies, Snuggle Puppy and The Belly Button Book, and have borrowed several others from the library. So I bought Dog Train and one of the other books (Philadelphia Chickens, because it has "Snuggle Puppy"). "I Need a Nap" is great, but I actually like the whole album. "(Don't Give Me That) Broccoli", "Dragonfire" and "Penguin Lament" are all great songs. The CD that came with Philadelphia Chickens isn’t as good, mainly because it’s in sort of a Broadway style while Dog Train is more like rock. My son loves both books though. I should probably listen to the CDs more so I know how the songs go when he asks me to read them, instead of making it up.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Gadget Girl
Addicted

Post by Gadget Girl »

We love this song. It seems to be stuck in our heads these days...
Hoping the Al goodness never ends...
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I finally heard this song today, and I love it.