Babalu Music

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Besides, people have a pretty good sense of being able to look at a TV show or movie in its proper historical perspective.

The black-and-white helps.

FredHuggins, where do you find all these wonderful gems? And thank you for putting them up on YouTube for all of us to enjoy!

Back in the late-90s and early-00s, back before YouTube and torrents became the norm for watching movin' pictures on glowing rectangles, I would find Al fans online (under a different name I don't use anymore) and trade VHS tapes full of Al's TV appearances, of wildly varying ages and video qualities, via snail mail. Within a couple of years I had just about every appearance in circulation.

About two years ago, after a bit of digging through the unlabeled VHS tapes in my closet, I started a blog on the Weird Al LiveJournal called "AL-Tube Fridays." Every week for about a year and a half, I uploaded a unique, new-to-YouTube Weird Al TV appearance (or several of them with a theme, with a random "bonus clip" here and there), and accompanied them with pithy bloggy prose that attempted to be funny as only I desperately can. All 88 weeks are still archived via that link (albeit backwards), so if you'd like to enjoy, enjoy.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

FredHuggins @ September 14, 2009 03:01 pm wrote: I would find Al fans online (under a different name I don't use anymore)
Mister Pantsnake! I knew you sounded vaguely familiar.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Cool, thanks again, FredHuggins!
--V
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

That Entertainment Tonight footage was great. It was great to finally hear samples of It's Still Billy Joel to Me and Spameater (though honestly I'd never even heard of that last parody, though I know the song it parodies). And man, Weird Al didn't sound as good in that concert footage as he did on his first album.