Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung

Post by Yankomaniac »

That was great when he pulled it out on that talk show not too long ago, I forget which one it was. Someone say it! I would love to see him do that randomly at shows when he's in the mood for a little extra bonus for everyone. Right before Yoda around Ruben's little keyboard part would be a great place, and obviously doesn't require everybody else. Or if somebody needs a minute or so to fix something. It's Al so I give it 5 out of 5 stars.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Yankomaniac wrote:That was great when he pulled it out on that talk show not too long ago, I forget which one it was. Someone say it! I would love to see him do that randomly at shows when he's in the mood for a little extra bonus for everyone. Right before Yoda around Ruben's little keyboard part would be a great place, and obviously doesn't require everybody else. Or if somebody needs a minute or so to fix something. It's Al so I give it 5 out of 5 stars.
He played a portion of it on his final episode of Face to Face a couple years back, if that is what you are thinking of...
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No, it was definitely a talk show. God, I'd have to dig deep to find it but it has to be on Al tube somewhere. Can't really remember if it was the whole song or not.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ell
Occasional

Re:

Post by ell »

Big Spoon wrote:What are your feelings about this song? Personally, I never loved it, but I still like it. I always thought the song was a little strange, but then again, it's Al.
All I can say is I really wanna hear it live. :clap:
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

Yankomaniac wrote:No, it was definitely a talk show. God, I'd have to dig deep to find it but it has to be on Al tube somewhere. Can't really remember if it was the whole song or not.
Al Tube would be nice. Now I will go ahead and create a website for Al Tube :P anyway, I've seen that many times. Now - I can't find it...
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I dove into my YT Al archive and came up with this:

Youtube
Love and peace.
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

When they played it last night, Al introduced this as his oldest song that's ever been on one of his albums, written when he was 17. It was played with bass and drums, and Jim held up a mic to Al's accordion air release. From the angle where I was, I couldn't see Ruben at all so I don't know if he contributed.
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Interesting. And comedic. So this is technically the oldest original.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Al played this song in Grand Junction and said it was to commemorate 5/3/2018 being the 35th anniversary of the release of his debut album. He also joked that he did some research online and found there were about 4 people left in the world still living in iron lungs. He then said that if anyone feels marginalized or is offended by the song, meet him in the lobby after the show and he will buy you a t-shirt in any size.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I love how Jim is the only one who doesn't play on the album version so he just holds the mic for Al's accordion. It is a fun one Live.