Happy Birthday

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Happy Birthday

Post by minnick27 »

Look up The Funky Western Civilization on youtube, there are some major similarities there. Definitely a near parody
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
FreedomHaul
Occasional

Post by FreedomHaul »

minnick27 wrote:Look up The Funky Western Civilization on youtube, there are some major similarities there. Definitely a near parody
Thanks! I'd never heard any of Tonio K.'s music before, Yankovic's song makes more sense now.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Tonio K is fantastic. Look up more of his work. Of course im a big fan of early 80s New Wave,
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Muldernscully
Addicted

Re:

Post by Muldernscully »

Muldernscully wrote:On people's birthdays, I like to post the lyrics for them to read.
I haven't done this in a long time. I need to start doing it again. Very fun song. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I just listened to Tonio K's 'Funky Western Civilization'. Interesting song. I see now what inspired 'Happy Birthday'.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

If I don't know the other person that well, this is my go-to thing to post on people's walls on their birthday.

Youtube
And Peggy
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Fun fact: Damaskas sings background vocals on this.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Big Spoon wrote:If I don't know the other person that well, this is my go-to thing to post on people's walls on their birthday.
OMG someone did that to me today for my birthday considering how she knows about how much of a Weird Al kick I'm on! <3 Love this song!
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Wish I could catch this one as it is the only rocking original being done off the first ALbum. It's a shame Al chooses not to do the accordion solo even though the accordion is just sitting there beside him. Instead Jim carries out his killer solo for those bars, which is damn cool. They definitely not pulling this one out enough.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!