The First Album

Moderator: Moderators

DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

:welcome:

I have been thinking about the fact that Al is turing another year older its time to reflect on Al's past. The very first Album. Yes the timeless classic that we have all came to love. There are referances to Chuck and the late princess Di, from rocky road ice cream, to a bunch of people stuffed into a bus. Listing to the album itself is a look back on Al's sining voice and how immature he sounded to the perfect sounding voice we here on his current works. The fact that he has gone completely against what he believed in at the time on the track, "I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead." Sure Al maybe a member of a heath club, have a wife and a child plus could quite possible listen to Joni Mitchal now and then. My min point here is that we all hav our own opinion on what that particualr ablum means, or meant to the curtan individual. I would love to hear every ones opinion on this. Because it is the Album that started it all. (BEI = Befor Eat It)

:w

Thank You
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

This album has a special place in my heart. :D
In hiding since 2010
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

I enjoy the sound of Al's music through the different albums. Perhaps my favorite on this first album, is another one rides the bus.

Every time I'm crammed into an over loaded SCAD bus, I think of this song. I've even sung it out aloud a couple of times.
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I love this album, so many classics My Bologna, Another One Rides The Bus, I Love Rocky Road...the list goes on. It is interesting to see how Al has changed from 1983 (when he first released this album) to 2003 (when his latest album was released. I think Al has gotten better over the years, but I still love to listen to this album.
drnick954
Off The Deep End

Post by drnick954 »

Probably one of the best debut albums out there! Has so many good/great songs!!!
The Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting! WHOOOOHOOO!!!
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

This is a very good album. I've grown to enjoy this album more. Songs like, I'll be Mellow when I'm Dead, The Check's in The mail, and Buckingham Blues. Makes this album fun to listen to. At least for me, I laugh alot when hearing this album.

With the exception of Gotta Boogie of course. I also don't really care for Mr. Frump but other then that. :)
Al team # 2836
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

I really like the first album quite a bit ... it has a bunch of my favorite songs on it.

One of my favorite things to do while working is to start up Windows Media Player (where I have copied all the album studios to), and listen to the songs in chronological order ... it's cool to see how he has grown as both a musician, singer and parodist as time marches on. I'm not saying his next album is always better than his last one, but you can almost always see growth in one area or another (in my opinion). With that said, his debut album is very strong.
PMFL!
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I think that for a first album and how young he was when he made it is a great album but if he actually just made it and put it out it wouldnt be so good. Now a days he would probably get laughed out of the studio and not in a good way.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

p.s. I love Mr frump in the iron lung
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

crazygurl14 @ Oct 20 2004, 07:10 AM wrote: I think that for a first album and how young he was when he made it is a great album but if he actually just made it and put it out it wouldnt be so good. Now a days he would probably get laughed out of the studio and not in a good way.
I don't think he'd get laughed out--- I just think it wouldn't have a huge audience like today. I think it would be a slow work-up to the status he has.
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --