The First Album

Moderator: Moderators

BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

DonnaNoble @ November 30, 2008 04:11 am wrote: (I mean, he was a collage student with a tape recorder, now he's a professional with a recording studio  ... plus thirty some-odd years of practice pays off :P) But I like the somewhat... off-base humor, and the accordion on every track...
Yeah, I agree! But obviously there was something that struck a chord with the rest of society because look at our boy now!!!!

I think that my current favorite on that album has to be Stop Dragging My Car Around! When he sings the line "Like Wow your car in so uncool" I loose it every time. Reminds me of my first car!

Also liking ILRR!
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
weird user
Addicted

Re: The First Album

Post by weird user »

Isn't it interesting how the first songs from this album that got music videos were parodies of songs done by women?

Also interesting how Capitol Records thought Al would be a one-hit wonder with My Balogna, but his first music video was a parody of a song which ended up being a one-hit wonder itself.
weird user
Addicted

Re:

Post by weird user »

TheLazenby wrote: So yeah, all but two songs ("Ricky" and "Groovy Guy") were fairly old by that point. Incidentally, he did record an additional song for the album that never made it for legal reasons - "Yoda".
I thought Yoda was written a few years before his first album.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The demo was first played on Dr D on 05/03/1981
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I just re-bought this on Amazon, cd version. Although they've the 'digital version' I could download as well.

I've had this on cassette for years but my radio refused to play the cassettes anymore, so basically I can't listen to this, In 3-D, or Polka Party.

I don't have an iPod or iTunes account so...

The other Al-albums I've found on cd at various stores (Best Buy, K-Mart, used cd outlets) so I've got them all on CD.
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Kmart was badass in its day. I became a fan during RWS, and I vividly remember getting every CD that they had that I didn't own. Good times. ^_^
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Our local K-Mart...well. It's cd section is ridiculously small and usually has like, Barry Manilow, Kenny Rogers and such now. Occasionally a 'newer' act, but only one copy so you have to buy it day of release. :blink:

It was badass in it's day though. I bought BHD, RWS and PH there. Now they don't carry Al at all. :oo
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

HappyGilmore wrote:It was badass in it's day though. I bought BHD, RWS and PH there. Now they don't carry anything at all. :oo
Fixed. :F
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Fair enough. :D

Well...Hall and Oates.

But...no yeah, you're right.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

HappyGilmore wrote:It was badass in its day though. I bought BHD, RWS and PH there. Now they don't carry Al at all. :oo
Actually fixed. :F
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.