It's not bad, but it's absolutley not Al's best"

"Wanna Boogie?" "Get that boogie outta my face!"
Most active in The Poopdeck
617 posts in this forum
( 33% of this member's active posts )
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

I have to be in a real hyperactive mood to listen to that song - which is pretty much all the time :huh:
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

Gotta Boogie is still one of my all time favorite "Weird Al" songs. But, I'm confused who wrote the lyrics to this song. Was is Leroy Finkelstein or Al or both? :blink: I remember from some old interviews and appearances, Al credits Leroy for writing this song. But, if you look at other sources including Al's first album, Al gets all the credit. :lookaround: What happened to Leroy?

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Sounds like a question for Ask Al.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

According to the back of the Placebo EP, Leroy did the choreagraphy.

(click for bigger image)

Al co-wrote the song with Joe Earley, and it's the only original in Al's entire catalog that someone else is credited with writing. If you're interested in reading a little more about this and some more trivia about the Placebo EP, check out this interesting discussion between Dr_Dad and myself from a while ago.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Somehow, I knew you'd know the answer to this, Dave.

Thanks!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

I LOVE this song, i love it so much that The Sporksters will be performing that song at our annual 4th of July Family Reunion Concert next year :D
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

Thanks for helping me out on this Elvis. Leroy did the choreography for a song that never had a music video? That's funny. :P I guess the song included a dance routine when Al performed it live way back during his early days. :huh: I can remember an early appearance on the Dr. Demento show (from either 80 or 81) on KMET when Al performed "Gotta Boogie" and credits Leroy Finkelstein. He said something like, "this song was written by my good friend Leroy Finkelstein". I wonder why Al gave Leroy credit for the song if he (Al) wrote the lyrics with Joe Earley? Very strange.

Thanks for the link to your discussion with Dr_ Dad regarding the Placebo LP. I am astonished over the many things you know about Al.

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

algonacchick @ Nov 8 2005, 08:50 PM wrote: Somehow, I knew you'd know the answer to this, Dave.
Then why did you say " Sounds like a question for Ask Al" and not "Ask Dave"? :huh:
Radiogal1 @ Nov 9 2005, 06:18 PM wrote: Thanks for helping me out on this Elvis.  Leroy did the choreography for a song that never had a music video?  That's funny.  :P  I guess the song included a dance routine when Al performed it live way back during his early days.  :huh:  I can remember an early appearance on the Dr. Demento show (from either 80 or 81) on KMET when Al performed "Gotta Boogie" and credits Leroy Finkelstein.  He said something like, "this song was written by my good friend Leroy Finkelstein".  I wonder why Al gave Leroy credit for the song if he (Al) wrote the lyrics with Joe Earley?  Very strange.

I'm pretty sure those were both meant to be jokes. If I recall, Leroy Finklestein is a made up name.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!