Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Post by Big Spoon »

Yay!!!! Major congrats to Al for finally getting the star!
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Elvis wrote:We are still accepting donations. Our public PayPal address is [email protected]
The rate went up again?? :sadeyes:

Just sent in my additional donation!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Just donated a bit myself.

So really dumb question here that also shows what a worry wart I am, but what happens if we can't raise all the money in time? Does the star go away?
And Peggy
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Lin posted a picture of the two of them finding out that they were getting stars.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Thank you for the additional donations!

Unfortunately, they raised the price again from $30,000 to $40,000, so we need to raise quite a bit more than we were anticipating. Kind of frustrating since we didn't get notice of the price increase and when we started the price was $15,000 so it's almost tripled since then! So, yeah, if you are able and can donate, even if you've donated in the past, that will go a long way to helping us!

We have until roughly the ceremony date to pay, so we've got time, though limited now, to continue to raise funds. Hypothetically I suppose If we didn't pay, then no ceremony, and the star would go away, and I'm pretty sure we'd burn a whole bunch of bridges and be blacklisted and all that. But that's not gonna happen because I won't let it happen. I've got a few ideas, and even if I've gotta sell my pancreas and uvula and frosty ice-cold lemonade, I'll make sure we have the money. We fought so hard for this star and it would be devastating to far too many for it not to happen.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Sounds like we need a good old-fashioned telethon!

Or...charity livestream? :magic:

Also, I know I have weirdalstar merch that my parents and I have purchased through the years, but I guess that doesn't count as donating? Please let me know if I need to have an actual Paypal account to count as donating because Paypal hates me but I'll do it for the star. Alternatively I will help with the telethon, whatever works.

Can't wait for the telethon/charity livestream!!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Have faith. Between all of our focused collective intensity and the goodness of the hearts of Al 's fans we will raise the money. Clap your hands and believe.

Vikki and Dave: with your permission I would like to:

1. Open an Etsy store with some clever title like "The "Weird Al" Star Fund Shop. This storefront can sell decent quality handmade items of any sort, from jewelry to counted cross-stitch. All of the non-shipping and handling money brought in can go straight to the Star Fund. Anyone with experience making such items can post in the storefront after I speak with them.

2. Again with your permission, use the Star logo on some of these items.

3. NOT use Al' s likeness or any trademarks (e.g. the Al TV logo) without express permission of Imaginary Entertainment.

4. If this looks OK, I will look into what business permits are required.

Cheers, Diva
Who has gotten herself into another fine mess, as usual :accordion:
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Also, is there a way of unburying this topic so that it shows up when we open up to the Board index? Publicity will be very important in raising the money and non-WOWAY aficionados might have trouble finding the thread.

Cheers, Diva
jazzed :great: :yay:
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Elvis wrote:We are still accepting donations. Our public PayPal address is [email protected] or message me for other options. Also, after you donate, please message me so I can add your name to the website (or you can stay anonymous of course!) and to the list of contributors we will be providing Al.
Yes, we will be providing Al with the names and addresses of all those who contributed toward his star. (This is voluntary, of course--you don't have to provide us with this information to donate.) So, if you're donating via PayPal, please go ahead and provide your address at that time, which is the easiest way to take care of it. If you want to remain anonymous or don't want to provide your address, please also make a note of that in the PayPal notes or PM Dave or me about it. This will help save me some time as I try to track down the information when the time comes to provide it.

If you donated a long time ago and your address has changed since then, please PM me or e-mail me about that at [email protected].

Also, make note of any particular way you want to be listed on the contributors list. Some people have chosen to use their business name or their WOWAY username. I recommend using your actual name, with any other name you wish to go by in parentheses. But that's your call.

Please spread the word wherever it's appropriate about donating to Al's star!

Thanks, everyone! :D

Vikki
stardrop
Occasional

Post by stardrop »

TruScribe posted this lovely animation to celebrate :) I love their animations :)
https://twitter.com/TruScribeVideos/sta ... 3158810625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;