Theme From Rocky XIII

Moderator: Moderators

U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

The new Rocky Balboa move is good too. While Rocky doesn't own a deli in it, he does own a small restaurant called "Adrian's".
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

TMBJon @ Mar 9 2007, 10:46 AM wrote: What was the name of the part of the Double Dare obstacle course that resembles a giant mouth?
"Down the Chute!" That's easy! :D

Oh, and "What Would You Do?" was from the nineties, not the eighties, you young'un. The eighties Nickelodeon was all about "Double Dare" and "You Can't Do That On Television." ;)
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Bruce the Duck @ Mar 10 2007, 02:25 AM wrote:

Rye or The Kaiser's a great song. Second favorite from In 3-D.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

TMBJon @ Mar 9 2007, 04:46 PM wrote: Jeremy, in all of the game shows especially "What Would You Do" there used to be moments in which members of the studio audience had to choose between getting pied and getting slimed (supposedly, all slime was made from that geyser that used to flow outside of the studios).
I once visited the Studios when I was, I dunno, 7 or 8. During the tour I was the only one who could answer this trivia question and therefore was given the chance to be slimed: What was the name of the part of the Double Dare obstacle course that resembles a giant mouth?
Late '80s, early '90s Nickelodeon was gold as far as programming goes. I was just telling my friend that the network has nothing worthwhile on it now, except possibly SpongeBob. Stuff like Double Dare, What Would You Do, All That, Hey Dude, Are You Afraid of the Dark? etc was great.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

All That was great when it first started out. Then it gradually went downhill and now it's at rock bottom.
And Peggy
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Barney Slayer @ Mar 10 2007, 07:44 AM wrote: All That was great when it first started out. Then it gradually went downhill and now it's at rock bottom.
Once 1999 hit, the show, and network started to go downhill. I recently watched the network. Terrible. Kids today have a lot of terrible programming. I sound all old, and I'm only 23.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I have a younger sister who watches Nickelodeon a lot, so I have to sit through most of their programing. They just put out a new show that I've seen, it's really stupid. It's about a kid in Mexico who's also a wrestler who fights crime, or something like that. I forget it's name.....
And Peggy
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

HappyGilmore @ Mar 11 2007, 01:11 AM wrote: Once 1999 hit, the show, and network started to go downhill. I recently watched the network. Terrible. Kids today have a lot of terrible programming. I sound all old, and I'm only 23.
Don't feel bad... I'm only 19, and kids in general - not just the programming aimed at them - make me feel old. There seems to be nothing but troublesome brats in my neighbourhood, and their language alone shocks me because when I was their age, I got my ears boxed (figuratively speaking... mostly) for saying far less than they do! (Whiny little snots... hmm, maybe I should continue this little rant in the "When I Was Your Age" topic! :P)

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Barney Slayer @ Mar 10 2007, 05:14 PM wrote: I have a younger sister who watches Nickelodeon a lot, so I have to sit through most of their programing. They just put out a new show that I've seen, it's really stupid. It's about a kid in Mexico who's also a wrestler who fights crime, or something like that. I forget it's name.....
I heard of that, but haven't seen it. I did see two episodes of this show called The Naked Brothers Band. Some critic said it was like Spinal Tap for kids. Terrible terrible show. It seems like when I used to watch the network, even the bad shows then were better than the 'good' shows on there now. Bring back a show like Pete and Pete. THAT was entertainment.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

NerdyNyara27 @ Mar 10 2007, 05:20 PM wrote: Don't feel bad... I'm only 19, and kids in general - not just the programming aimed at them - make me feel old. There seems to be nothing but troublesome brats in my neighbourhood, and their language alone shocks me because when I was their age, I got my ears boxed (figuratively speaking... mostly) for saying far less than they do! (Whiny little snots... hmm, maybe I should continue this little rant in the "When I Was Your Age" topic! :P)

- Laurel -
I don't even want to get started on the kids around here. We used to have good kids around. Not anymore. If I did half the stuff they did, I'd have been shipped off somewhere, probably. :D