Login    Register
  • Author
    Message

Postby U62 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 pm

The new Rocky Balboa move is good too. While Rocky doesn't own a deli in it, he does own a small restaurant called "Adrian's".
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
U62
Die-hard Fan
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:53 pm
Location: S.F. Bay
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby Bruce the Duck » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:25 am

TMBJon @ Mar 9 2007, 10:46 AM wrote: What was the name of the part of the Double Dare obstacle course that resembles a giant mouth?


"Down the Chute!" That's easy! :D

Oh, and "What Would You Do?" was from the nineties, not the eighties, you young'un. The eighties Nickelodeon was all about "Double Dare" and "You Can't Do That On Television." ;)
User avatar
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 25029
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:49 am
Location: Here
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby HappyGilmore » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:13 am

Bruce the Duck @ Mar 10 2007, 02:25 AM wrote:




Rye or The Kaiser's a great song. Second favorite from In 3-D.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
User avatar
HappyGilmore
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Philly
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby HappyGilmore » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:16 am

TMBJon @ Mar 9 2007, 04:46 PM wrote: Jeremy, in all of the game shows especially "What Would You Do" there used to be moments in which members of the studio audience had to choose between getting pied and getting slimed (supposedly, all slime was made from that geyser that used to flow outside of the studios).
I once visited the Studios when I was, I dunno, 7 or 8. During the tour I was the only one who could answer this trivia question and therefore was given the chance to be slimed: What was the name of the part of the Double Dare obstacle course that resembles a giant mouth?


Late '80s, early '90s Nickelodeon was gold as far as programming goes. I was just telling my friend that the network has nothing worthwhile on it now, except possibly SpongeBob. Stuff like Double Dare, What Would You Do, All That, Hey Dude, Are You Afraid of the Dark? etc was great.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
User avatar
HappyGilmore
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Philly
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby Big Spoon » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:44 am

All That was great when it first started out. Then it gradually went downhill and now it's at rock bottom.
Is it about my cube?
User avatar
Big Spoon
Welp.
 
Posts: 27970
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby HappyGilmore » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Barney Slayer @ Mar 10 2007, 07:44 AM wrote: All That was great when it first started out. Then it gradually went downhill and now it's at rock bottom.


Once 1999 hit, the show, and network started to go downhill. I recently watched the network. Terrible. Kids today have a lot of terrible programming. I sound all old, and I'm only 23.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
User avatar
HappyGilmore
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Philly
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby Big Spoon » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:14 pm

I have a younger sister who watches Nickelodeon a lot, so I have to sit through most of their programing. They just put out a new show that I've seen, it's really stupid. It's about a kid in Mexico who's also a wrestler who fights crime, or something like that. I forget it's name.....
Is it about my cube?
User avatar
Big Spoon
Welp.
 
Posts: 27970
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby NerdyNyara27 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:20 pm

HappyGilmore @ Mar 11 2007, 01:11 AM wrote: Once 1999 hit, the show, and network started to go downhill. I recently watched the network. Terrible. Kids today have a lot of terrible programming. I sound all old, and I'm only 23.


Don't feel bad... I'm only 19, and kids in general - not just the programming aimed at them - make me feel old. There seems to be nothing but troublesome brats in my neighbourhood, and their language alone shocks me because when I was their age, I got my ears boxed (figuratively speaking... mostly) for saying far less than they do! (Whiny little snots... hmm, maybe I should continue this little rant in the "When I Was Your Age" topic! :P)

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
User avatar
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 2869
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Out of my tiny mind, Perth, WA, Australia
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby HappyGilmore » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Barney Slayer @ Mar 10 2007, 05:14 PM wrote: I have a younger sister who watches Nickelodeon a lot, so I have to sit through most of their programing. They just put out a new show that I've seen, it's really stupid. It's about a kid in Mexico who's also a wrestler who fights crime, or something like that. I forget it's name.....


I heard of that, but haven't seen it. I did see two episodes of this show called The Naked Brothers Band. Some critic said it was like Spinal Tap for kids. Terrible terrible show. It seems like when I used to watch the network, even the bad shows then were better than the 'good' shows on there now. Bring back a show like Pete and Pete. THAT was entertainment.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
User avatar
HappyGilmore
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Philly
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby HappyGilmore » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:56 pm

NerdyNyara27 @ Mar 10 2007, 05:20 PM wrote: Don't feel bad... I'm only 19, and kids in general - not just the programming aimed at them - make me feel old. There seems to be nothing but troublesome brats in my neighbourhood, and their language alone shocks me because when I was their age, I got my ears boxed (figuratively speaking... mostly) for saying far less than they do! (Whiny little snots... hmm, maybe I should continue this little rant in the "When I Was Your Age" topic! :P)

- Laurel -


I don't even want to get started on the kids around here. We used to have good kids around. Not anymore. If I did half the stuff they did, I'd have been shipped off somewhere, probably. :D
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
User avatar
HappyGilmore
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Philly
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

PreviousNext

Return to In 3-D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron