Buy Me A Condo

Moderator: Moderators

Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Yeah, at least Blaze seemed to have a sense of humor about it all.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

He thinks he's Frank Zappa. He's not.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

This guy on Myspace is after cheap publicity and money. And by the way, what is he doing with Al’s music on his page?
SwissAlFan
Occasional

Post by SwissAlFan »

He just signed in on myspace for telling that? Well, I believe Tom will be his only friend (ok, everyone who signs up on myspace will get him as afriend, so thats the reason Toms there.. :rolleyes: ). I also think this profile does not exist very long... |)

This is very dubious.....

Jeannine
AL Team #3340
Jeannine Z.
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Dumb N00b @ Feb 7 2007, 05:10 PM wrote: He thinks he's Frank Zappa. He's not.
With a name like "Alfred Ripped my Flesh," how would you know? This song sound nothing like Buy Me a Condo, except that it's in a reggae tune and is about condos. I can't imagine this guy taking this seriously. Also, if this really was true, why wait 24 years?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

ducttapeearth @ Feb 7 2007, 10:34 PM wrote: Also, if this really was true, why wait 24 years?
It actually sounds more like he's been pestering Al and his peeps all along, and he's only now going public with his little obsession.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Keir @ Feb 7 2007, 03:12 PM wrote: However, even if this guy's story is true and Al heard this song and was influenced by it, I would hardly call it a ripoff and there's nothing illegal about it.
It's HIGHLY unlikely that Al could even have heard the song, since Mr. Ripped My Face admits that Dr. D. mailed his tape back to him with a "thanks but no thanks" letter. What are the chances that Al would choose to rip off a song that Dr. D didn't even want to play on the radio?
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

ducttapeearth @ Feb 7 2007, 05:34 PM wrote: With a name like "Alfred Ripped my Flesh," how would you know? This song sound nothing like Buy Me a Condo, except that it's in a reggae tune and is about condos. I can't imagine this guy taking this seriously. Also, if this really was true, why wait 24 years?
I think what Dumb N00b was referring to was how the guy claimed he recorded many tracks and spent a lot of time on his song. Frank Zappa was real creative like that, doing layering and stuff. It's an insult to Frank that this guy is saying this sad song of his is anything even close to as good.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Feb 8 2007, 09:02 PM wrote: It's HIGHLY unlikely that Al could even have heard the song, since Mr. Ripped My Face admits that Dr. D. mailed his tape back to him with a "thanks but no thanks" letter. What are the chances that Al would choose to rip off a song that Dr. D didn't even want to play on the radio?
I'm just saying that even if his story were true, he'd still be wasting his time. But your right, it's not like Al spent all his time hanging out with Barry listening to bad tapes people sent in.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I remember once when I was little I was listening to this song in the car with my babysitter. When the line "Used to live in Jamaica, but I don't live dere no more" came up she turned to me and said, "I didn't know that Al used to live in Jamaica." She was nice and a little smart, but she said and believed some really weird, stupid stuff.
And Peggy