Nature Trail To Hell

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I love this song! Just the general sound of the song is great. I also really like the line "What have you got to lose? If you like the Six O' Clock news!" :lol:
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Absolutely brilliant. Being a HUGE fan of American horror flicks since I was a kid, (yes!), I was just stunned how Al nailed the atmosphere and wacky look of 80's B-movies. *wolf howling*. Very funny and clever lyrics, awesome music, including organ and hysterical woman choir, lotsa scream and in-jokes - one of Al's best! |)

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
SlightyUnusualAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by SlightyUnusualAl »

It really can't be beat. The song has a very satanic song, with a bit of al added...to make it just right. That's something that makes the song great.
djgrrrl
Occasional

Post by djgrrrl »

I love the long note at the end (a tribute to "A Day in the Life" by The Beatles, perhaps?).
SlightyUnusualAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by SlightyUnusualAl »

Yeah! It does have that little note there. Never noticed it. I like the minute episode of the women screaming. ^.^
hot_turkey_ed

Post by hot_turkey_ed »

SlightyUnusualAl @ Jul 29 2004, 06:45 PM wrote: I was thinking of putting up this topic as an overall discussion of the song. But I was just wondering, is that an original song, or was it the parody of thriller?
This song remains one of my favorites... the great intro sound effects...... those hauntings first notes with the guitars/bass kicking it a notch... the lyrics.... forget the inventory, I love everything about this song. I'm waiting hear effects like those again... I'm still waiting for Nature Trail To Hell Part Two. :9~
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

SlightyUnusualAl @ Jul 29 2004, 08:49 PM wrote: Hmm.....It does seem to sound like the parody of Thriller, doesn't it? But that is a really good song. Its kinda like the 60 % Chance of Rain video.

Kid: You mean we don't even know if it's gonna rain?
Ranger Al: No....WE DON'T

....Coming to a theater near you...........maybe.......
I really like NTtH, too. Even if it does have satanic messages in it. :D I don't like horror movies, but I like spoofs of them (Young Frankenstein, etc.)

I wonder if Al got the idea of "60% Chance of Rain" from the country song, "100% Chance of Rain" by Gary Morris. In any case, it sounds funny. Too bad I didn't see it on The Weird Al Show. (I had to look it up on google to figure out where it was from, shh don't tell!)

About the "A Day in the Life" note: I think it must be an "homage" to that. I've noticed a couple of Beatles-related homages in Al's songs (at least I think they are). I guess 'cause the Beatles are universally known, and Al has mentioned he's a fan.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I love the gothic wind at the beginning. It's identical to the gothic wind at the beginning of Elton John's "Funeral For A Friend" -- a favorite song of mine (and Al too).
This means something. This is important.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I love Nature Trail to Hell. It's just a really good song, and a great way to end the album.

And I love the "backward satanic message." :D
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weirdalover
Regular

Post by Weirdalover »

did you know wat Al was saying in the backwords message he was saying

Satain Likes Cheeze Wiz