Nature Trail To Hell

Moderator: Moderators

avesjohn
Obsessed

Re: Nature Trail To Hell

Post by avesjohn »

Currently listening to this track right now. Although cheesy slasher movies only became a guilty pleasure of mine some years after I first heard NTTH, the song definitely captures the feel of those movies well. Also not a bad "Thriller"-esque style parody, either.

When I first listened to the song (Christmas Day of 2002 or 2003, when I received In 3-D as a gift for my growing Al CD collection), my first thought was honestly "does this song ever end?" Because as much as I like the song, that repeating of the title seems to go on forever towards the end.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

When I first heard NTTH, I was extremely confused and surprised, because I was pretty confident 3D cinema was invented in late 90s. I clearly remember the ads of the first 3D cinema opening in my country and how the only movie they were showing at the time was a documentary about Titanic, so it must have been 2003. #SecondWorldProblems
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

mellow weasel wrote:I was pretty confident 3D cinema was invented in late 90s.
Not quite. The first 3D film existed in 1915, but were most prominent in the 1950s, as seen by the posters below:

I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

TMBJon wrote: Not quite. The first 3D film existed in 1915, but were most prominent in the 1950s, as seen by the posters below
Yes, now I know because after hearing the song I checked Wikipedia to see whether Al was being prophetic or it's just our country's arrested development. Technologies are always a bit late here, but this one must be a record :lol:
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

mellow weasel wrote:
TMBJon wrote: Not quite. The first 3D film existed in 1915, but were most prominent in the 1950s, as seen by the posters below
Yes, now I know because after hearing the song I checked Wikipedia to see whether Al was being prophetic or it's just our country's arrested development. Technologies are always a bit late here, but this one must be a record :lol:
You guys are the shipping capital of the world.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Burger wrote:You guys are the shipping capital of the world.
I don't believe we are :huh: . I mean, we do have a port, but it's not that important... Or do you mean shipping as in "I ship Destiel and Spirk" :lol: ? In which case we most definitely aren't.
We hold the second place in the world in suicide rates though :killed: :lol:
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

mellow weasel wrote:
Burger wrote:You guys are the shipping capital of the world.
I don't believe we are :huh: . I mean, we do have a port, but it's not that important... Or do you mean shipping as in "I ship Destiel and Spirk" :lol: ? In which case we most definitely aren't.
We hold the second place in the world in suicide rates though :killed: :lol:
Place of misery. I watched a documentary on the port in your country. It's known for massive smuggling of drugs, stolen cars, and other crime contraband. Your country is in the perfect location to ship illegal stuff from Russia to Europe or Europe to Russia.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Burger wrote: I watched a documentary on the port in your country. It's known for massive smuggling of drugs, stolen cars, and other crime contraband.
Ohh, you meant THAT :rolleyes: ! Sounds more like it :arrr: :lol:
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

mellow weasel wrote:
Burger wrote: I watched a documentary on the port in your country. It's known for massive smuggling of drugs, stolen cars, and other crime contraband.
Ohh, you meant THAT :rolleyes: ! Sounds more like it :arrr: :lol:

Is smuggling a huge problem in your country?
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Burger wrote:Is smuggling a huge problem in your country?
I wouldn't say it's huge, but it is a problem. Cheap contraband fuel, medicine, alcohol and cigarettes from Russia (Kaliningrad) are very popular. Those are often smuggled by common people in small amounts, e.g. old ladies would pretend they're visiting some friends there and stuff their underwear with medicine and then supply their neighbours, family etc :lol: . Of course there are large scale smugglers too.

Man, I bet this couldn't get any more :offtopic: than this :lol: