Eat It

Moderator: Moderators

Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Of course Eat It was more funny then Beat It. I dont think MJ was trying to make Beat It funny. So I agree you cant put the parody next to the original. Except to compare.
Al team # 2836
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Manda @ Apr 19 2004, 04:41 PM wrote: Of course Eat It was more funny then Beat It. I dont think MJ was trying to make Beat It funny.
That's exactly what I said. The originals, usually, aren't supposed to be funny. That's why Al parodies them in the first place.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Zelda27
Occasional

Post by Zelda27 »

I have to admit, I don't really remember seeing Eat It when it first came out in the 80's, but my husband would always say "Ding Dong Yo, Ding Dong..." When I saw the video again a couple years ago, I cracked up... I never bothered to ask him where the reference came from... Now I use it all the time ;)
That's when I met the girl of my dreams. Her name was Zelda...
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

That's exactly what I said. The originals, usually, aren't supposed to be funny. That's why Al parodies them in the first place.

I know I was agreeing with you. Zelda that was Fat not Eat It.
Al team # 2836
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Zelda27 @ Apr 19 2004, 04:44 PM wrote: I have to admit, I don't really remember seeing Eat It when it first came out in the 80's, but my husband would always say "Ding Dong Yo, Ding Dong..."  When I saw the video again a couple years ago, I cracked up... I never bothered to ask him where the reference came from... Now I use it all the time  ;)
That "ding dong" refrence was from Fat.

I found Fat to be a superior (funnier) song and video.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Manda @ Apr 19 2004, 04:45 PM wrote: I know I was agreeing with you.
Okay, it's all cool. :peace:
Zelda27
Occasional

Post by Zelda27 »

:S Oops! I'm so embarrassed! I can't believe I mixed those two up! I really need more sleep or maybe just more time watching Al Videos...

Sorry guys! :?
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Zelda27 @ Apr 19 2004, 04:51 PM wrote: :S  Oops!  I'm so embarrassed!  I can't believe I mixed those two up!  I really need more sleep or maybe just more time watching Al Videos...
I sentence you to 27 years without parole. You must listen to Al all 27 hours of the day!

:P It's cool. They're both MJ parodies, so it's okay to mix them up.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Its ok. A understandable mistake. I think Al did a great job with the dance moves on the Eat It video. Didn't Al say he cant dance? I think he does ok.
Al team # 2836
Zelda27
Occasional

Post by Zelda27 »

Awh! Thanks for understanding! You guys Polka! :D