Eat It

Moderator: Moderators

weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Man, I can't believe that I haven't posted in this topic yet.

This is the first Weird Al song I heard of. I was on a camping trip, and one of my friends brought the "in 3-D" cassette, and told me about Weird Al, and I beleive Eat It is the first parody title I heard of. I didn't become a fan of Al until a few years later, though.

Eat It is a lot better than Fat.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

This is one of the greatest songs ever. I was surprised to figure out it was made so early in Al's career. It's very good!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

But there are backwards messages in Eat It! They tell us the snakes are gonna rise up, and we're all gonna eat it!

Listen carefully....they're there, man!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

With "Eat It" celebrating its 25th anniversary next year, do you think Al should bring back the full version of the song live? I believe it has been relegated to the food medley since 1985.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I think Al said somewhere that he's kinda sick of the song, being the "Eat It guy" and all that.

I seem to remember saying that it won't get out of the show, but it'll stay in the medley.

I'm sure someone can verify that.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Yeah I know, but I think a lot of people like myself never got to see him perform it live and would love to have it back just for one tour.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Actually, with him releasing songs one by one on iTunes, he could easily do a remake of "Eat It" and just not include it on the actual album. Although, I don't know that I'd buy it. That Fall Out Boy version is horrible.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I thought since next year is the 25th anniversary of "In 3-D", Al should try to perform the album live in Los Angeles or Lynwood (and recorded/released on DVD) with the band (and possibly some female back-up vocalists, brass players, and Musical Mike) with no video screens or pre-recorded audio (except for Don Pardo's ILOJ bit), 2 costume changes, and no medley. He could also ask Billy Joel if 'It's Still Billy Joel to Me' could be released. The set should look like this:

It's Still Billy Joel to Me
Polkas on 45
I Lost on Jeopardy
Midnight Star
The Brady Bunch
Buy Me a Condo
That Boy Could Dance
Theme from Rocky XIII
King of Suede
Eat It (first costume change)
Nature Trail to Hell (second costume change)

What do you guys think?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Wasnt this idea posed earlier in the year too? I dont think its that good an idea, mostly cause it would be a short concert with very little flash. Not what we expect from Al.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It'd be an awful lot of work to choreograph all those songs just for ONE show. I would LOVE to see "Nature Trail To Hell" added to the regular touring setlist, though.