Eat It

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Might as well throw on the Zach de la Rocha wig for "Buy Me A Condo."
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdalrocks
Obsessed

Post by weirdalrocks »

my favorite part of this song is the michael jackson impresions like the hee hee
next posting goal:2700
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

I love this classic Al song! My favorite part in the video is when he burst into the diner and jumps behind the counter and his feet fly up. I don't know why but for some reason that just makes me crack up every time.

Also I didn't realize that Al was eatting a banana in the hallway scene until a few months ago! :S And hey, that's a lot of years to not know that because I saw it when it originally premiered on MTV!
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
Theguyoverthere
Occasional

Post by Theguyoverthere »

Does anyone else think that the guitar solo in Al's version is better than the one in the original? It just sounds so much more extreme!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Theguyoverthere @ February 24, 2009 03:05 pm wrote: Does anyone else think that the guitar solo in Al's version is better than the one in the original? It just sounds so much more extreme!
No, sorry. Rick Derringer nailed it (and I get what you mean), but nothing touches Eddie Van Halen.

In other news, Eat It just came up on my iTunes shuffle and for some reason I find it way funnier than the last 27,000 times I've heard it. The overall concept is hilarious. I really like it when Al's parody makes fun of the concept of the original more than it does the lyrics themselves. Rather than lecturing kids to stay away from gangs and street violence, he is telling them to clean off their plates. I know this is obvious, but for some reason I found it funnier this time when I really thought about it...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mapsax

Post by mapsax »

This week marks the 25th anniversary of the peak of "Eat It" at number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100, thus scads of people were becoming Al fans about this time a quarter-century ago :-)

http://tinyurl.com/c97ay2 or
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c ... &g=Singles
(week ending April 14, 1984; URL will point to that only for a few more days before it moves on to the following week)

You can also access the Billboard 200 album chart and watch _In 3D's_ climb :-)

Marc, roadfan.com
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Eat It

Post by Elvis »

Finally! Michael Jackson's and Al's signatures together on the "Eat It" contract! 8)

http://uproxx.com/music/2014/11/check-o ... -contract/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I saw Al's tweet about that earlier today. That's pretty sweet! My favorite comment was that MJ "John Hancocked" that contract. HAHA!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

algonacchick wrote:My favorite comment was that MJ "John Hancocked" that contract. HAHA!
What does that mean? Does it have something to do with the size of his signature?

I expected Al's signature to be weirder :lol: . On the second thought, using one's name written in a tidy handwriting as a signature is unusual, maybe even confusing... At least in my environment, if someone have signed something like this, most of the people would react "no no, it asks for your signature here, not your name" or "you ruined the form, now I have to print it again!" :lol: .
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yes. John Hancock signed the Declaration Of Independence, and his signature was quite large compared to everyone else's.

https://dwellingintheword.files.wordpre ... ancock.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as how neatly Al signed the contract, I guess when he was taught cursive in school, he strove for excellence.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325